Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$167
eDreamsUS$167
CheapTicketsUS$167
Orbitz.comUS$167
1,973 results
All reviews howler suite ocean room fun tours red frog costa rica koi pond tour desk in town large balcony the main hotel our honeymoon san jose brownie pura vida walk along the beach black sand beach lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2021

I visited the hotel for my birthday. I was surprised by my boyfriend and the hotel with an engagement dinner!! The service was excellent. We stayed in the green frog suit and the room was perfect! Highly recommend the hotel for any one looking for a perfect getaway en the Caribbean!

Reviewed 26 February 2021

Our time at Banana Azul was absolutely magical. We arrived late at night and had trouble locating the hotel because it was dark and we took the public bus. We called Banana Azul and they had someone come pick us up right away at no charge. They also let us have a sit down dinner from the kitchen even though they were closed. Throughout our stay the staff was so accommodating; moving our luggage to our new room while we lounged at the beach, ordering taxis for our trips into town, and doing it all with a smile. The rooms were beautiful and extremely clean, we stayed in Colibri Cabin and the Crystal Frog Suite! The hotel has a private section of beach with tables and chairs available to guests and the restaurant’s food was fantastic. I’d highly recommend Banana Azul to anyone looking to visit Puerto Viejo.

Room tip: The colibri cabin was nice and affordable and right on the beach! It even had hammocks on the porch.
1  Thank lindholmluke
Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

great service although for us the food was the difference maker...not many options on the menu but what they have is just like homemade....stayed in the howler suite...I really liked it although it wasn’t for my wife as she’s sensitive to bugs and that suite is open to the elements...plus no air conditioning...the balcony view was the best. They really try to accomodate you in any way possible.

2  Thank bhullar70
Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

Just returned from my 4th visit to Puerto Viejo. I stayed in the "Tree House" this time...so lucky it was available. It's has an open air living area with a kitchenette and 2 bedrooms, surrounded by beach, jungle, exotic birds and resident sloth. The hotel staff and food were awesome as always (you gotta try the chicken skewers and pineapple slaw). I've fallen in love with the people. I've met and the friends I've made. Thank you Banana Azul ❤

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mwray55
Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

My husband and I visited the east coast of CR for the first time. We stumbled upon Banana Azul with no prior booking or research. We found a beautiful, clean resort with exceedingly friendly staff. While staying here we enjoyed Playa Negra (black sand beach), Cahuita National Park and Manzanillo National Park. Only down side was waves were not good for surfing due to wind. Beaches were nice though.

Date of stay: January 2021