Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2019 via mobile

I stayed about a week here and found the staff wonderfully accommodating. Willing to go well beyond any typical standard to make me feel welcome, at home and enjoying myself. The staff here became lovely friends in a matter of days. Each of the staff made such a kind effort to help me regain my lost Espanol it was quite touching actually. Sloth sightings in the backyard, private secluded beach, nice pool, comfortable ac rooms and fast WiFi connection throughout and in rooms. Would happily stay again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

If you are on business in the town I would suggest that you stay here. 15 minutes drive to the city. The hotel situated in Westfalia. It’s a small hotel with fantastic staff. They also speak English. The rooms are very basic and comfortable. I had a double room with a nice comfortable bed. Big bathroom.
Breakfast is nothing special but it is tasty. Dinner is nice and they have some nice things on the menu
I will definitely be back

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2019

Wonderful place for a group of 8 touring Costa Rica. Don't let the sign fool you, once you pull into the property you'll be surprised to see how big this property is. The garden we had to walk through gave you that feeling of being in the jungle and when you get pass, it opens up to the pool area and restaurant. Pass the pool and restaurant is access to the beach with a sitting area under the coconut trees before you get to the ocean.
The room accommodations were adequate for our needs and really enjoyed having the suite at the end of the building overseeing the pool/restaurant area. Also had a great view of the ocean in the morning. Hopefully you'll get a chance to see the resident sloth as we did during a rain storm

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2019

We recently stayed at Hotel Westfalia for 2 days. It is a quaint little spot nestled in the gardens and right on the beach. Our hostess, Flor , was outstanding , she even had everyone on lookout for sloths for me , and I saw one ! The gardens are lovely and the beach is a great place for a long walk. When going to the beach , you will likely be accompanied by the hotel dogs , you add wonderful company. Our only complaint was our room was near the road therefore giving lots of road noise, so ask for a room in the main building. The sound of surf would be a big improvement over the sound of trucks. If you are looking for a reasonably priced and laid back hotel , then this is a great spot.

Room tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the ocean !
Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2019 via mobile

Go behind a very obscure gate and stumble into Pura Vida. We stopped here on the first day of the trip. After a pretty tough drive from the airport (SJO) through rush hour traffic, when the road calms down south of Limon there you are at Playa Westfalia.
We were greeted by Flor, she was very helpful and quick with a cold Imperial. I don’t think she is a doctor, but she might be a mind reader. Everything we needed before we asked for it.
The room was clean and the shower was roomy. It’ a couples thing.
We went out on the beach, enjoying the waves. The hospitality area is what makes the place. Good selection of everything. Friendly people from all over. The staff includes a few younger kids training. What you will never see at the Marriott you get to enjoy here. Watching someone practicing in a second language.
The good the bad the ugly.
The good. The bar and restaurant were good and a good value. And no BS. Is this local caught? No. Much appreciated.
The Bad. Finding the place. Worth it but the sign is small.
The ugly. It is not laid out for most rooms to get a view of the ocean. Just a shame to have that location and not have the property laid out correctly. Someone had a reason. Could be storm survival or maybe ecological, either way what a shame. Big patios and balcony and the view of the other rooms.
Don’t let that stop you. I highly recommend Playa Westfalia. Just a few miles from the Sloth Sanctuary.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayfromcali
Diana M, Gerente at Hotel Playa Westfalia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2019

We are so glad you enjoyed your staying with us, is our mission to make your time with us great.

Best Regads!!