All reviews national park hidden oasis comfortable rooms outside seating area frogs and lizards triple room restaurants within walking distance the bus swimming pool a great place to stay amazing garden beautiful grounds walk into town laid back no air conditioning enjoyed my stay our honeymoon
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I enjoyed my stay at El Encanto Inn. The location is very convenient, midway between the town and the beach. Breakfast was good and they were very accommodating with my allergies. Plus there's free coffee, tea and purified water all day. Everyone on the premises was very kind and friendly - even the local resident cat. The pool, garden and breakfast area were well kept. The only negative was that hot water took a bit of time to come in the evening - I assume because everyone was showering at the same time - which is acceptable and understandable for the location / country. I wish the other guests were a bit more friendly since I was traveling solo but overall I had a great time.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stayed in an elevated wooden room, very clean and comfortable but no air conditioning, only a ceiling and a table fan. The garden is a gem, small but neat, with a swimming pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful as most Costaricans, ask them to spot the little frogs that populate the garden during day and night. Breakfast is generous, only pity are tedious flies. The location is very convenient, being at walking distance from the village center and the park.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We were told that Alex who runs this place is a bit of a character. He did not disappoint. His energy and enthusiasm made him a great host. This small hotel Is the perfect place to rest after walking around the forest. There are nearby bars and restaurants but the town is not too big or noisy and has not been taken over by tourists. You can sit and talk to the locals. Pura vida!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Costa Rica is all about people and nature. Wonderful, happy, friendly people, and beautiful scenery and wildlife. El Encanto is a perfect example of both. The staff at El Encanto are all wonderful, efficient, and FRIENDLY people who do everything to ensure that your visit is perfect. Alex the owner, the cleaning staff, cook, landscapers, security personnel; they all went out of their way to ensure that our visit was perfect each of the seven days of our stay. I don't think that we have ever stayed in a cleaner hotel or B & B in all of our trips over many years. The breakfasts every morning were wonderful and included all fresh fruits, juices, breads, and made to order eggs and pancakes. The grounds are maintained daily and immaculate and are home to numerous species of birds, lizards, frogs, and even sloths. The howler monkeys stay close by and can be heard every morning and evening. El Encanto is within walking distance of downtown Cahuita and Cahuita National Park, so everything you need is within reach. We will definitely return to Cahuita and El Encanto and look forward to seeing the staff there again.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank bonita099
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We loved our stay at El Encato. Whether it was lying in the hammock, spotting frogs or lizards in the garden, talking to Dollar (their parrot), taking a dip in the pool, or walking across the road to the beach.

Everywhere clean and tidy. No aircon in our room. The fan was good enough; quiet and strong.

Alex, Juanita and the staff are incredibly friendly.

Don't bother with the massage. It is more of a soothing rub.

Date of stay: January 2017