Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
All reviews national park the owner capuchin monkeys a stones throw costa rica white faced monkeys amazing place erica duplex animals ocean town trees trail roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

We especially enjoyed having the room at the back with two floors. The bedroom is upstairs and the windows face into the national park overlooking the creek, and into the garden. You can watch troops of monkeys move in through the trees, into the garden for some tasty blossoms, maybe howl a bit, and move on. Or watch the capuchin monkeys do acrobatics on the roof.

The 5 stars are there for the wildlife and the room. If you want luxury, a bar, whatever, this isn't the place, though it's very near every thing in the village and Erica will give you good tips.

The room was great. Unlike the description here, there is no breakfast or coffee at the hotel, but there is a cool "soda" down the street open from 5:30 on in case you want to hit the national park at opening time at 6:00.

Laundry service was very useful.

Though there's a sign out for a restaurant in Spanish style, this seems to be left over from a previous owner.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Erica Eriksson, Directeur général at Kelly Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Thank you for the five stars and for your time.
I look forward having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

The lodge is beautiful, and the owner is very kind and warm.
We booked the duplex that was simple yet perfect for our two night on the caraïbean side . We saw many animals from our lodge and there was a very close access to the parc.

Improvement proposal: add the breakfast even if the owner did recommend us some places , it is always nice to be able to eat in such amazing place.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank 243m_rylb
Erica E, Directeur général at Kelly Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Thank you very much for your kind words and advice.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

This is our second stop in Costa Rica. This place is magnificent. My mind is blown. Walk out of Kelly’s right on to the beach. Or take a bridge into the National Forest for some hiking. Wildlife everywhere you look. Within the first 30 minutes of arrival I saw multiple monkeys, a friendly snake, possum, and raccoon. I here there is a sloth mother and baby that live here at Kelly’s. I will be keeping my eyes open. The sound of the ocean and the friendly people. Erika the host is a delight. I really wished we were staying longer. More like permanently. This place will not disappoint.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Erica E, Directeur général at Kelly Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Thank you very much for your very kind words and time.
Hope to see you bank very soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2019 via mobile

I cannot say enough about our stay at Kelly Creek Hotel. First, the location is ideal. It’s right next to the national park. Make sure you walk the trail and catch the bus back to Cahuita. Cahuita is a special little town that is less crowded and touristy than Puerto Viejo. Second, there are animals all around the hotel. Monkeys, coatis, iguana, and the sloth in the tree. Last but definitely not least is the owner, Erica. She is so helpful, informative, and really nice. Make sure to eat breakfast there one morning. Not only is it delicious but you’ll be entertained by the animal show. The room was very roomy for me and my husband and adult daughter. A friend highly recommended this hotel to us and I’m so happy he did. Don’t look anywhere else. Stay at Kelly Creek inn. You won’t be disappointed

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Erica E, Directeur général at Kelly Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2019

Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you back in the near future.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this little corner of the paradise with my wife for a couple of nights.

You will not find this hotel in Booking.com and you will have to deal your reservation via email directly with Erika, the charmest person that you can imagine. She will take care of everything at your arrival and will give you some tips on where to go to get the best food in Cahuita.

The room itself is pretty large with a nice rest room and a very useful mosquito net over the beds (2 large beds) that reminded me the feeling of “Memories of Africa” movie.

If you choose to have breakfast in the hotel, Erika herself will prepare it with home-made bread, butter and a delicious home-made mermelade, coffee, boiled eggs, avocado and fresh fruits (papaya and mango).
But the most remarkable thing here is that you will see a lot of animals while you are having your breakfast. We were so lucky to see iguanas and a caiman, aside of a lot of birds who came close to check what kind of other animals we were.

If you are still thinking of where to stay in Cahuita, go and contact Erika. You will not regret it.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank javiaranda76
Erica E, Propriétaire at Kelly Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Thank you for your kind words.
I hope you will be coming back very soon.