“Catered my Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding!”
Review of Coral Reef

Coral Reef
Ranked #18 of 62 Restaurants in Cahuita
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Reviewed at this Costa Rican website. Food is insanely good:
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Oh man! Out of this world food! We dealt with Coral Reef twice - once for our wedding rehearsal dinner and once for the reception. Both times it was spectacular. The food was unforgettable all of the guests lost it over their coconut sauce. For the rehearsal dinner we had grilled pork steak and chicken with cabbage slaw and tortillas. Build your own tacos for the night was amazing - totally recommend this option for catering! For the reception they brought dinner to the Magellan Hotel - we were served whole red snapper (OMG) or chicken with coconut sauce. It was so good, I ate left overs around midnight. There were also rice and beans and salad to accompany. I could not have asked for better food, better service, or a more responsible caterer. 5 stars! You guys rock!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a fantastic spot! The food is great and big portions. The staff is very friendly and professional. The fajitas were my favorite. But the snapper is also delicious.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

This is right on the main road, so it's easy to find. The food here is delicious, particularly the herbed chicken. We ate lunch & this is a Christian location, which was refreshing. Service was excellent as was the food. Prices about $6-12.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

There is only one restaurant in Cahuita's top 10 that is in the conversation with Coral Reef. Anyone rating them missed big time if they didn't order a meal with his Caribbean Sauce. My wife ordered Shrimp (Camerones) with it, while I ordered Pargo (Red Snapper) with it. One of the best meals I ever had anywhere was when I ordered it with Filet Mignon (Lomito), but I don't eat red meat anymore. This visit was no exception; there was no way it could be beat! Finished a beautiful dinner with his Coconut Flan, which is also a 10 out of 10. I almost never eat desert, but this is one the 5 best I've ever had in my life (the others were also Custards; a Maple Rye Creme Brule), so I get it every time. Just Sublime

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I know this place since they were located in town, then Julian the owner, relocated
outside town on the road heading to Puerto Viejo. But really what it matters here is the quality of the food and, I can tell you, the flavor of the authentic Caribbean cuisine
is found in this ample and warm place. My companions and I were very satisfied.
Keep it up!!