Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews the owner rooms are spacious caribbean 3km porch garden
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2020

This is a charming, well appointed place and we were happy with it until we came back our room and realized it was filled with cigarette smoke from our neighbor coming in from our open bathroom window. Even though we closed the window and turned on the AC at that point, it was too late.

I would still recommend it, but just ask to be far away from the (resident) smoker if you're not one yourself.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 26 April 2019

We enjoyed our spacious and quiet 2 room bungalow with a sitting room. The pool was a treat after a warm bike ride around town. Mellie is a gracious host and makes a tasty breakfast. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent most our time in the more central mountainous region, but was recommended to at least spend couple of days on the beach. First time in CR and not knowing what to expect... it was quaint. All of the “hotels” in this area are more like motels. The Coconut has a cute little pool and the rooms are decent!

The beach experience was a bit different because we arrived post flooding due to a month of rain, so the nice tables and chairs by the beach were all ruined. We were able to carry a couple of lounge chairs by the pool to the beach and so that was nice. We essentially had the entire beach to ourselves.

I think the Cahuita region is more for younger backpackers who don’t mind roughing it a bit. If you lean towards more of an All-Inclusive style of convenience and comfort, this side of CR isn’t it. The nature is beautiful, but that’s what you come here for.

From the Coconut, it’s about a 5min taxi ride to “downtown” Cahuita for restaurants, shops, pharmacy, and bank.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and the in-house food was delicious. I would have rated it higher if we would have been able to enjoy their full beach side offerings, but sadly we couldn’t and it’s not Coconut’s fault.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is a small hotel where the rooms are like your own small oasis with a porch to enjoy the outside sounds. The Owner and the staff are friendly and provided great service. The food is absolutely excellent. Will definitely keep this in mind for future visits to the Cahuita area of the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I love this place. It feels like a sanctuary. Flowers growing all around me, my own lovely front porch, tiled, with 2 big cushioned rocking chairs and a table for my coffee- a hammock as well if I want to lay back and listen to the birds and other wildlife around me.. comfortable bed, small fridge, air-conditioning, but the room has nice high ceilings and an overhead fan as well so you don't really need it. The beach is right across the quiet street-. This is a peaceful, restful place. And the food is simple and tasty. Breakfast comes with the room- dinner is very reasonably priced. I look forward to coming back for a few days to enjoy the peace. -

• Trip type: Travelled on business