A lovely eco-lodge, Selva Verde was a delightful place to experience the birds and wildlife of Caribbean Costa Rica. Our room by the river was large and surprisingly cool after sunset despite the high humidity and lack of air conditioning. it was no frills, but comfortable, and connected to the dining and reception areas by covered walkways. We took both a night hike and morning walk around the property with Ronald and Alfredo. Both young men were excellent and enthusiastic guides. They were also expert at taking iPhone pictures through the spotting scope! Unfortunately the bridge to the old growth forest was under repair, so our hikes were confined to the grounds and the botanical garden across the road. Nevertheless, we were able to see and learn about many birds and tropical creatures. Alfredo was particularly generous with his time at the Dining Room feeder area, pointing out and identifying many birds that we may have missed without his keen eye!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui