We had a lovely stay and would endorse most of the postive comments on here. However, we definitely chose our room type too hastily, so I hope the following will be helpful:
Regular rooms have no Aircon, so we went for a bungalow. These are as billed as a 12 minute+ walk away. No big deal we thought, but we hadn't taken the climb/heat/humidity into account so we were very hot and sticky after each walk to/from reception! The bungalows would have been the height of excellence & luxury when they were built, but this area south of the main road has been rather left to gather dust, so while the location is still idyllic the bungalows are feeling a little “past it.” and felt very isolated in low season.The good news is that the staff were marvellous and expect it! They warn you that it is "not for everyone" and are quite happy to change you if you are not happy at any stage. Result: we changed after the first night.
The only other rooms with Ac are the newish “creek rooms” near reception. We chose one of these. Smaller but more modern, the only significant drawback was the proximity to the main road.
Also consider food availability in the low season: The main restaurant was closed on all 3 nights, so it was the pizza restaurant only. A shame as the regular lunch and breakfast buffet were lovely.
Many thanks to the lovely staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selva Verde is more than a lodge and more than a rainforest reserve. It is your gateway into a magical world of towering Almendro trees, Mantled Howler Monkeys, and Keel Billed Toucans. Immerse yourself in tropical nature as you hike through deep green forest or reflect quietly in a comfortable hammock. Discover something new as you encounter Selva Verde's amazing wildlife and vibrant people. Rekindle your sense of wonder and experience the out-of-the-ordinary. Experience Selva Verde! Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde provides easy access to the wonders of the rainforest. For over 30 years, we have been a haven for nature enthusiasts from around the world. Our abundant biodiversity, comfortable rainforest lodge, and exciting activities are ideal for adventure seekers, bird and wildlife watchers, students, and families. Come explore Selva Verde's 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature in the heart of Costa Rica's Sarapiqui Canton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Selva Verde Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selva Verde Hotel Sarapiqui
- Selva Verde Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui