2,023 results
All reviews coffee plantation driving range beautiful hotel the executive lounge costa rica san jose close to the airport peruvian restaurant la isabela beautiful grounds gift shop tennis courts sports bar hacienda style golf course main restaurant industrial area
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Fabulous hotel near the Airport. Absolutely a gem. The food, service, pools, attention to detail, attitude, etc etc etc..all 5****
I love it every time I visit, it never disappoints me. Rooms are well appointed, view is terrific, service excellent. The beef medallions are my favorite. The only negative i can say is that the Sushi menu needs to be enhanced.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Adriana M, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. We are definitely working to enhance or sushi menu by designing innovative rolls that you´ll never forget, not that we want to brag, but our property is a true oasis in the middle of the city.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst on business near the airport. We had a warm wonderful welcome. The hotel is very unlike most Marriotts, architecture and design was beautiful. Great restaurants, lovely breakfast, really helpful staff. Clean and comfortable, large rooms.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Adriana M, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit, we hope you can come back soon, and maybe plan to stay a couple of extra days to enjoy Costa Rica, we are master blenders of business and pleasure, and now a days you can pretty much work from anywhere.

So check your -email while soaking in the Jaccuzzi? Why not!
conference call at pool side? Why not!
Business lunch after a massage at the spa? oh yes!

So, see you soon.

Adriana Mesén,

Reviewed 7 October 2015

While the grounds are beautiful, the prices quickly ruined the experience. For what I paid for the the room, I would have at least expected breakfast to be included. The offered us the breakfast "special" which was over $40 per person! The buffet lunch was over $50 per person. I tried to save a little money by eating at the sports bar, but the service was slow (after waiting over 20 minutes I had to go ask the bartender to please have one of the servers come take our order), and the meal was bland. There is no free shuttle to the airport, which is only a few miles away. A friend of mine needed to buy some sunblock, so he went to the hotel gift store, only to find that they charge $34 for a tube of sunblock! The rooms have little sound proofing, and you can hear every conversation going on in the halls, and every food step of people walking around in the halls. Be prepared to be woken up by this several times a night. I don't mind paying extra for a quality experience, but this hotel just makes you feel like you are being nickel-and-dimed to death. I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharkpixie
Adriana M, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear guest,

We highly appreciate your comments, every experience our guest have help us grow and improve in many levels, that is why we are one of the best rated hotels in the region.

Please be aware that even though it is not a Marriott standard to have F&B included in the rates, our restaurants do offer breakfast options starting at $10, and we have a lunch special on every restaurant that includes appetizer, entree, desert and a beverage for $16.

A good tip is to get access to the Executive Lounge (this rate varies depending on the season) but for a flat fee during your stay, it offers breakfast buffet, complementary snacks, fruit, soft drinks, coffee and tea during the day and a buffet of warm items and desserts during the evening, also, it offers 2x1 happy hour every day of the week.

At anytime, if you have doubt about the prices you are being offered, please come to our concierge desk to receive information that accommodates to your needs, as we know that every guest is different, we have made it our goal to make each and every one of you feel like family and that is being as comfortable as we can help you be, just reach out to any of the staff and we'll do our best!

We hope you had a good flight back home,

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2015

I've been recently traveling for business to San Jose area and I got to stay in pretty much every hotel on that side of the city. Marriott is definitely the best, albeit the priciest. But it is truly worth extra dollars or colones. Hotel exterior and interior common areas are built in a very traditional way, but rooms and facilities are very modern. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, sheets, towels etc. are of quality appropriate for Marriott. Gym is well stocked with newer equipment, I never got to wait for a readmill because there were enough for everyone. View is unparalleled, especially if you get a room with a mountain view. Breakfast terrace allows you to enjoy that view even if your room is on another side. Breakfast food is good and with a good variety. There is small coffee and souvenir shop on the property, prices are either the same or lower than those at the airport. There is a small business services office, a nice lady helped me to reschedule my delayed flight. Other hotels in the area will get you a basic service and even sometimes more, but this one really makes you feel good! The hotel is about 7 min drive from the airport with no traffic, but could be 15 - 20 minutes during busies time of the day.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Adriana M, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear bivni,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know how your stay with us was pleasant and we hope, that you may stay with us many, many times during your business trips. If you liked the gym, here is a tip for your next visit: Try the areas at the spa, for only $10 per day, you can enjoy the sauna, the steam room and the private Jacuzzi for as long as you want, I personally love this, especially after a work out, some dinner and you'll be as good as new for the next day.

See you soon,

Reviewed 4 October 2015

A short cab ride from the airport and I was at the resort. The grounds were lovely. Staying by myself I was not thrilled to have a room on the ground floor. I was immediately moved by the friendly front desk staff and bellman. The restaurants were excellent but the bar was the best with its comfy sofas, great service and relaxing atmosphere. They even fixed a dish that I requested that was not on the menu. The spa was fabulous also. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Adriana M, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Remember that we will always accommodate to your needs, its is our goal to make you feel as home as we can, either by placing you in a different room, or making you a special dish to soothe your dietary preferences or simply because during a long stay you don´t really fell like ordering anything from the menu.

We thank you for your stay and hope that we can enjoy your company soon.

Adriana Mesén,