Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
FindHotelUS$81
Agoda.comUS$77
getaroom.comUS$113
1,376 results
All reviews japanese restaurant hard rock cafe swim up bar san jose costa rica close to the airport free shuttle coffee maker an early flight buffet breakfast pools sakura mall jacuzzi alamo sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2020

The hotel is under reconstruction but the rooms that have not been rebuilt are very old, the gym looks very old as well and the restaurants dont match the price charged for the stay. I would highly recommend to stay here if you need to go somewhere walking distance but if you are looking for a place to rest and enjoy look somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Wyndham San José Herradura Hotel, Propietario at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Hello Sofia, we are sorry that your experience was not the best at the hotel and we thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are working to improve our facilities and the experience we provide to our guests.

We look forward to offering you a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2020

Stayed here for one night (wish it was more) on our way home from Costa Rica. It was amazing! The front staff saw we were a bit anxious after border closings and they gave us a free upgrade and made us feel comfortable. Can't say enough how great a place it was to stay. Breakfast was amazing . The pools were all laid out well and were wonderful to look/swim at. Hard Rock cafe is right next door. Would definitely go out of my way to stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2020
HotelWyndhamH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Thank you for such a good comment Joyce, we are glad to know that our clients are satisfied with their experience at the hotel, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2020

We stayed here for our last night in Costa Rica. It was fine as we were only there for a short time but we wouldn't have wanted to stay longer than one night. It's a big hotel but feels a very soulless place. Obviously things weren't helped as there were very few guests due to the virus situation. Our room was ok but dated and smelled damp/mouldy. It needs a thorough upgrade really. The pools looked nice though.

Date of stay: March 2020

Dear BackinBracknell, we thank you for the time you took to write to us, with great pleasure I tell you that we have already started the renovation process, which we hope to finish soon. We hope you can enjoy the Wyndham experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2020

I stayed here my first and last night in San Jose. I was very sleep deprived when I got there and the comfortable beds really helped me get a solid 10 hours of sleep that first night. The rooms were very clean and came with bottles of water as it is not recommended to drink the tap water. The bathroom was above average size for the size of the rooms.
Both mornings I was there I received a beautiful breakfast with fruits, pastries, other hot breakfast foods, and some of the best coffee I have ever had. the only downside noise in the mornings from construction nearby, but overall I recommend this for anyone staying in the San Jose area.

Date of stay: April 2019

Thank you for your comment Brady_Osinchuk, we are glad that your stay at the hotel was pleasant. The noises you heard correspond to the renovation that we are carrying out in the hotel, we try not to disturb our guests but we regret that they disturbed you during your stay. We hope you can meet our new rooms on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

I was there on business (scientific congress on site), booked two months in advance, received room booking and price confirmation and even like this I was asked TWICE by the front desk staff, and in TWO different days, to show the booking in order to honor what was in the booking paper!
Rooms were old-looking, smelling moldy, old metals and tub in the bathroom, coffee amenities subpar (if you want tea good luck making it, as boiling the water is supposed to be done with the coffee maker – on coffee function). The gym is claustrophobic, with no windows. In addition, the young fella taking care of front desk was eating his food on the welcoming counter, so the whole area stunk of his food.
Jacuzzi pools, which could be such a nice relaxation at night had only COLD water, so no one was using it. When I asked the staff to warm it up, the hotel justified it that they are “saving energy”. I used the Jacuzzi in my room, but seriously is that more energy saving than using the nice external one? I was told the swim up bar is not opened during weekdays. Basically, all fun was non-existent.
Breakfast is boring and repetitive. Ordered room service and my salad croutons were old and soft. Hard Rock cafe is not good, the only AMAZING restaurant is the Japanese Sakura: real authentic food (I lived in Japan for 7 years if you are wondering) and delicious!!!.
In summary, most things advertised as highlights of this hotel actually cannot be enjoyed. Would NOT go back and DO NOT recommend.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank daninha2020

Dear daninha2020, we regret that your experience at the hotel was not the best, without a doubt it does not correspond to the experience that we want to provide to our guests. We will take your comments to improve and take action on the mistakes made. We hope you can visit us again and check the improvements.