1,540 results
All reviews double tree san jose costa rica close to the airport warm cookies pool area nice hotel a small grocery store small casino swim up bar open air executive room restaurant staff nice stay breakfast buffet tour desk rooms are spacious
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I have been fortunate enough to stay here 3 times for work trips, all about a 2 week duration. The accommodations are nice and the beds are very comfortable, but what makes me continue to want to stay here are the people. Everyone from the bellman, to the front desk and my favorite the restaurant staff. They are all so wonderful and do the small things that make your stay here just that much nicer. Ramon, Sylvie and Tanya in the restaurant are so kind and I genuinely look forward to seeing them each morning for breakfast. They remembered my name and always greeted me so kindly when I would arrive. In addition to them, the nice young lady that was the hostess (and I feel terrible that I don't know her name) made every morning the brightest part of my day. The food in the restaurant was very good as well. They have added scrambled egg whites to the buffet which is a nice addition. They also have heated the pool since my first few stays which makes it so much nicer as well. Overall, very impressed and truly appreciate all they do to make my stays so wonderful. The only concern I had was with the new shuttle/taxi service to and from work. They recently changed their company and although the vans are nicer, the drivers were not as friendly and they packed the shuttles full which meant that sometimes a ride that should have only taken 10 minutes in traffice ended up taking almost 45 minutes to get to work because of all the stops and there was no way of telling how it was going to go until you were loaded in the bus. Also the cost of taking a taxi to the work office which was literally 5km or less from the hotel was $15 which I thought was steep. But minor compared to all the great things.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
DoubletreeCR, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thank you for your nice review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Ramon, Silvia, Tanya and Vivian know that they contributed to your enjoyment. It’s difficult to find amazing team members but we are pretty proud of our selection.

About the transportation service, I am happy to inform you that for our guest's safety and comfort now all of our vans are equipped with monitered GPS and free wi-fi, to make your trip more pleasant and secure.
Also, we are happy to know that you enjoyed the renovations of our pool and the heated water system, as well as our delicious breakfast, we know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable.

We can’t wait to see you again soon. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Manager.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is a lovely oasis which escapes the hustle and bustle of Jan Hose. If you are taking a lot of side trips, such as to Poas National Park or the La Paz Waterfall and Gardens, this location puts you on the right side of town to avoid a lot of traffic.

The hotel is well landscaped and the grounds are lush and green. Rooms are nice. However, a little refrigerator in each room would go a long way for your patron’s comfort. However, for $10/day, you can make unlimited calls to the US. Just set the service up first with the front desk.

Cars are parked in a secure lot at no additional charge.

The breakfast buffet is nice, but a little steep at $26. Diamond members receive a free continental breakfast, but still have to fork over $10 for the full buffet.

Other food choices are a little pricy and nothing to write home about. Consider many of the close restaurants within walking distance, like Bar and Grill Times, just up the road.

The Diamond Executive Lounge is stingy. You get one non-alcoholic drink (with the exception of a class of wine.) I was shocked that I had to pay for a single Imperial beer. The snack offering was mediocre. We did not return the rest of the trip. When I questioned an employee later, his response what, “there are a lot of areas where this hotel doesn’t follow Hilton standards.” That’s disappointing, but not surprising. It is my 4 trip to this property.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

well i arrived at hotel around 1130 in the morning, and was told my room would not be available until later, but if i paid and early check in fee of $25 they would have a room. so i paid the fee and they gave me the same exact room i had a reservation for. when i went to leave and asked for a taxi to the airport, i had one choice, the hotel service, and it was $25 again. I explained that on my last visit it was $10, and that its $25 from san jose central-downtown. the guy smirked as i paid the $25. as for the continental breakfast, you are sternly warned not to touch the hot stuff unless you pay $10, plus tax and tip, they keep an eye on you and your food!

the room was nice and big, the free wifi only works in the lobby and the pool and hot tub were very nice. all in all, its a nice old hotel with a lot petty fee's and charges. for the money, best western irazu, is a better place.
as least the staff doesn't laugh!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
DoubletreeCR, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better. We hope that next time you’re in San Jose, you’ll stay with us again. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Well located hotel with some nice restaurants bars and casinos in the area. Very kind and nice people at the restaurant and the food is amazing. Breakfast with a lot of options and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your comments. Whenever you’re in Costa Rica, stop by the DoubleTree by Hilton. We’ll take good care of you. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

The room was beautiful, nice view of the pool, indoor plants throughout, nice transportation vans, happy hour, hotel was close to the airport. Hotel was walking distant to some shops. Tour booking agent on site.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.