See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed at San Lorenzo Inn in October 2012. I have traveled to CR several times, so I've stayed at a few different places and no one comes close to what Minor has to offer. The best part is that he owns and operates the hotel, so you know that the service will probably be good to begin with. I've met very few individuals more accommodating than Minor. He makes it his mission to make you feel at home; he will do whatever needs to be done in order for you to have a great experience. This includes a wonderful breakfast, a very clean and comfortable room, tours or just simply the information you need to cruse on your own. The price you pay for the service offered is unbeatable. There is a TV with US channels and the ability to use wi-fi If needed. It makes traveling easy when the hotel is only 10 minutes from the Airport. I will definitely stay here next time I go to CR, so I would certainly advise at least looking into it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed at San Lorenzo Inn in August 2012. We have traveled to Costa Rica and stayed in many hotels, large and small, budget and expensive. But never have we been made to feel so much at home as when we stayed with Minor. Minor sets the example for the staff at his hotel and makes each guest feel like a member of the family. We had wonderful breakfasts, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Minor is a wonderful tour guide and so very knowledgeable about San Jose. He showed us the beauty of Heredia. This is also a great value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was studying Spanish in Costa Rica and had the pleasure of meeting Minor and his lovely wife. After I had finished my studies, I stayed in CR for two more weeks and traveled a good portion of the country with a friend. We spent a few nights at the San Lorenzo Inn, and it was clean and welcoming. The staff were so friendly, and the typical breakfast was very good. Minor went above and beyond to make sure that we were safe and comfortable -- he helped us with transportation, bus schedules, and things to do, and even got a bus to stop for us so that we could go see Poas Volcano. The inn is a relaxing place to be, nestled in the suburbs, away from the hustle and bustle, and there are a couple good places to eat in walking distance. It's a great place to go for the traveler who wants to be comfortable, but also wants to make friends and not feel like too much of a tourist. It felt like home, and I really do hope to return someday. Minor is a wonderful person -- trustworthy and positive, and I am very thankful to have met him.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed at the San Lorenzo Inn in March 2012. Never have I ever stayed in a place so welcoming and comfortable. I felt like family the moment I got there. Minor took good care of me and my girls on our 10 day stay in Costa Rica. My dad back home had no need to worry because we were in good hands. Minor knows his country like the back of his hands and guided us to amazing places. The rooms in San Lorenzo Inn were so clean and cozy. The staff was beyond friendly and so helpful with any of our needs. The location is safe and everything you would want in nearby. I cannot wait to go back and visit again! 10 days was simply not enough!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The quality and the Warm of the People of these place is the best, prices very good, Breakfast included, very good, Rooms impeccable, very important Bath Rooms perfect.

The Owner Don Minor Herrera is the best Host you ever will find in costa rica He literally helps you with every thing.

And the view of the area its great, imagine getting up with these views, very peaceful

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family