See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was studying Spanish in Costa Rica and had the pleasure of meeting Minor and his lovely wife. After I had finished my studies, I stayed in CR for two more weeks and traveled a good portion of the country with a friend. We spent a few nights at the San Lorenzo Inn, and it was clean and welcoming. The staff were so friendly, and the typical breakfast was very good. Minor went above and beyond to make sure that we were safe and comfortable -- he helped us with transportation, bus schedules, and things to do, and even got a bus to stop for us so that we could go see Poas Volcano. The inn is a relaxing place to be, nestled in the suburbs, away from the hustle and bustle, and there are a couple good places to eat in walking distance. It's a great place to go for the traveler who wants to be comfortable, but also wants to make friends and not feel like too much of a tourist. It felt like home, and I really do hope to return someday. Minor is a wonderful person -- trustworthy and positive, and I am very thankful to have met him.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed at the San Lorenzo Inn in March 2012. Never have I ever stayed in a place so welcoming and comfortable. I felt like family the moment I got there. Minor took good care of me and my girls on our 10 day stay in Costa Rica. My dad back home had no need to worry because we were in good hands. Minor knows his country like the back of his hands and guided us to amazing places. The rooms in San Lorenzo Inn were so clean and cozy. The staff was beyond friendly and so helpful with any of our needs. The location is safe and everything you would want in nearby. I cannot wait to go back and visit again! 10 days was simply not enough!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The quality and the Warm of the People of these place is the best, prices very good, Breakfast included, very good, Rooms impeccable, very important Bath Rooms perfect.

The Owner Don Minor Herrera is the best Host you ever will find in costa rica He literally helps you with every thing.

And the view of the area its great, imagine getting up with these views, very peaceful

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place is a "must stay" when traveling to the central valley area. The rooms are spotless, the staff is extremely friendly (and will gladly help you practice your Spanish), the breakfasts are delicious, and most importantly, the owner, Don Minor, is the most friendly and helpful individual you will meet in Costa Rica. He can, and will, gladly help you arrange for, literally, anything you need in Costa Rica. I've never met a more accommodating individual. Not to mention the landscape in San Lorenzo is very beautiful, and the city its self is very safe, which I cannot say for some of the other larger cities in the central valley area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnC473
Reviewed 7 September 2011

It was a pleasure stay in San Lorenzo Inn. Mr Minor and his staff were very friendly and helpful in whatever I needed. The day tour arrangement was good as it was relax. The neighborhood is safe. It's perfectly OK to have a morning walk at 5.30am and a evening walk at 5.00pm. It's for sure a place that I would choose to stay again when I am visiting Costa Rica again. I feel it's like my 2nd home. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo