2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$254
Orbitz.comUS$254
TravelocityUS$254
StayForLongUS$261
All reviews resident crocodile costa rica bedroom house the entire property multiple times a day never felt unsafe small property pura vida beach activities tamarindo beach cleaning staff spent nights slice of heaven in town king bed howler monkeys the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I loved the lush setting of the bungalows and the fun design for the cabins and the common spaces. Ocho Artisan is situated right on the beach for easy access - you can easily walk to restaurants, bars and more great views! We loved watching the drastic tide changes, the boats resting in the water and the fabulous sunsets. The staff was super helpful - we loved the check-in team and the hardworking cleaning crew. We spent many hours at the restaurant/bar next door and enjoyed chatting with the manager Miguel. It was like having an extra living room to enjoy! You've probably read other reviews about the side yard full of building materials - it would be great if they would build a shed to keep it out of sight, but it was easy for us to ignore. We never had problems parking. No problems with bugs. The thing that was hard to ignore was the sour smell from the stagnant water nearby - no way to deal with it and not anyone's fault. But we would gladly stay here again because of the great location, superb staff, beach access and funky bungalows.

Room tip: Choose bungalows 1, 2 or 3 to be further away from the estuary - it can smell sour at times.
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 1 week at Ocho with my two very active teenage boys.
We had a fantastic experience. The place is far from a traditional “hotel”. It’s more an experience, set in a lush tropical oasis on the beach. Each bungalow is unique. The location is perfect for beach activities and exploring the town on foot.
The staff are super helpful. Front staff including Erica, Catalina, and Carla helped coordinate daily adventures and provided local dining ideas. Incredibly helpful resource. The staff coordinated all our excursions meticulously. The owner, Shon, is hands on and mingling with guests daily.
The beach Restaraunt and bar managed by Miguel, served excellent food and drinks for those nights we chose to hang at Ocho for a meal.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 799rajatg
Reviewed 3 April 2021

I spent 5 nights at Ocho and was blown away by the beauty and charm of the whole resort. This was my first time in Costa Rica and my first solo vacation so I was a bit nervous but all of that went away as soon as I walked onto the property. All the the staff was beyond friendly and helpful and with it being such a small property, everyone knows your name after the first encounter. All of the bar/wait staff were amazing, especially Miguel, so I'm assuming is the bar manager-felt like family by the time I left. The food was also amazing and priced typically for the area.

I had seen some reviews talking about deceiving pictures, undesirable enterance, etc and that is all just crazy. The street looks like the rest of Tamarindo but as soon as you walk through the entry way you are hit with a unique experience.

It was very windy, sand flying all over on the beach, there are trees all over the property including the pool area so of course there will be leaves that fall from the tree, but they cleaned the pool multiple times a day and we're ways trying to make things look as best as possible.

I personally loved the location, on the far end of the busy part of town so it felt quiet and isolated but you could easily walk to anything on the beach or the street/sidewalk. I was worried about walking along but never felt unsafe.

The Bungalows were just as pictured. Keep in mind there is just a small air conditioner unit positioned over the bed; it was quite hot during the day but with the AC blowing on the bed and the stand up fan I was cool and even cold at night. It is a bungalow on the beach, set amidst a trees and foliage, so expect some bugs but again I think it goes with the territory. The hot water was also questionable but at no point did I wish I stayed elsewhere.

This was perfect...if you are looking for a unique experience, the benefit of being in town with the seclusion of a private retreated this is the only place you want to be!

I will be back and have already recommended it to many friends.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CourtButler
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

I booked ocho for a week and i had a feeling to check it out a couple days before my booking in person, let me tell you it LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS...
It looks like it’s been abandoned and unkept.
There was one person working there
The restaurant was closed, had to walk over broken chairs.
The pool looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in a while.
I decided to cancel reservation because of the false advertising and the owner refused to refund my money saying “it looks dirty because of the wind” we just came from Santa Teresa which is a rural beach town with dirt roads and our place there was not as dirty as this one.
Please do research before booking
I would understand charging a one night fee
But I canceled 48 hours before and to charge me the full rate is unfair especially when I’m not getting what I thought I had booked

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank esther m
Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

We had the best 2 nights in Tamarindo! We were 7 friends staying between the beach villa and a bungalow. The Ocho Artisan Bungalows is located right on the beach walking distance from the restaurants and beach bars. Our host Shon was amazing! He went above and beyond to make us feel at home, he even sent someone to make us breakfast in our own kitchen. I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: February 2021