Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$64
eDreamsUS$55
PricelineUS$55
TravelocityUS$64
Orbitz.comUS$64
All reviews costa rica priced hotel air conditioner beach view in town hammocks plugs waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2020 via mobile

Location: Tamarindo in a very busy town with tons of bars, traffic, and people. This hotel is north of the main part of town but still within walking distance of the action by beach or road. The result is that you get a quieter experience. The beach in the rear of the hotel is mostly empty compared to a few blocks south. It has a large sand bar so the waves in this area are non existent. Safe for kids to wade in. The street in front of the hotel is less busy with foot and vehicle traffic because there are no bars or restaurants in the area directly near the hotel. If you get a room on the street side you will hear traffic all night because this is the main road into town. But the volume is significantly less than if you were in the town center.

Amenities: despite some older pictures i found of the hotel would suggest, there is no pool. But you are beachfront and the water is very refreshing. There is private parking which is very convenient for this busy town. There is a tapas restaurant with a wine bar within the hotel. I did not use it but others seemed to enjoy it. There is a chinese food restaurant next door if you crave a taste for home. There are three hammocks and some beach chairs on the back lawn. I relaxed in a hammock and read after dark while enjoying the sounds of the waves. They lock the front door after 11 pm to keep out non guests. There is a safe in the room which was rare in Costa Rica while I was there. There are security cameras on the property. Overall I felt safe.

Room: The room was a good size and was very clean. The blanket was too small for me but unless you jack up the air conditioning like I do you will not need it. I was in room 10. It was on the road side so I could hear traffic outside all night. I used ear plugs which cut down on the noise significantly. I think if you had the beach view rooms you would not hear any road noise at all. Beach view room have an outdoor seating area. My room did not. There is a small flat screen tv in the room if it rains. There is a small fridge in the room for your drinks!

Overall: Tamarindo is a busy town and I was offered drugs every 10 feet in the heart of town, both on the street and on the beach. Thefts of stuff left on the beach are also common. But this hotel, which is only about a 5 minute walk away, was an oasis from all that. I didn’t have to search or pay for parking. The beach is right there and I was able to relax in a way I could never do in town. The price was good at $160 for two nights. I highly recommend this place for people with kids or those who long to escape to a peaceful place after a busy day at the beach and bars. The photo provided is a shot of the area just after sunset taken from my hammock.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AnywhereButNJ
Reviewed 10 February 2020

My wife and I were in Costa Rica for seven days and our first two we planned on spending in Tamarindo and found this economy priced hotel on the beach. It was hard deciding which hotels are really on the beach or across the street from it. While on the beach side, it was still a long walk to the water, see my photos. The hotel was quiet and the weather warm enough we needed to run the air conditioner. In the middle of the night the air conditioner made loud "groans" that kept me awake at times when it was running. There is only a few parking places in front of the hotel but we had no problem using them. We arrived on a Sunday and the restaurant/bar at the hotel was closed and was told it was going to be also closed on Monday. We made plans to eat nearby at Panga's (walking distance) and then found out later the hotel's bar/restaurant was going to be open. The room was just ok for a couple of days but we didn't expect it to be anything lavish. We did see a iguana outside our window on the lower roof. The staff was helpful with any questions we had. It was a little too far for my wife to walk into town so we made a short drive the second day so we could go around the shops. If we return to Costa Rica I would not stay in this hotel. Also, there is no coffee/breakfast at the hotel in the morning. The nearest restaurant with it is about two blocks away

Room tip: The second floor had a view where we could just barely see the beach but there was no elevator
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 July 2019

We enjoyed this small, humble hotel. It was exactly what we were looking for which was a clean, no frills place to sleep that was close to the beach. We visited during a slow tourist time, so the French bakery and hotel restaurant were closed. In fact, I think there was maybe only one other room occupied, so it was quiet and we felt like we had the place to ourselves.

It is a 1 minute walk to the beach if even that and is right next to the estuary where the ocean meets fresh water. This is nice as you can just walk over and ask any one of the small boats to take you across to Playa Grande or take you on an estuary tour.

These are very basic rooms. Do not expect lots of fancy amenities. It is HOT in Tamarindo, so there are only basic thin sheets on the bed. No need for a big comforter. The bathroom door is more like a swinging saloon door. This probably helps with ventilation when the shower is on, but doesn't leave you much privacy. It's hard not to get sand everywhere even after using the outdoor shower, so bless housekeeping for always keeping our room so clean. We will stay here again the next time we visit.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank maggkatt
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

Hotel Laguna del Cocodrillo, restaurant bar Wine and Soul, and their French bakery was the best!!! they had everything to make your vacation unforgetable!! Everybody was so nice and helpful that I'm so happy that we choose Tamarindo beach
laguna del cocodrilo hotel in Costa Rica for our family vacation!! Olivier!! The best host!! Snyder and Henry thank you for the knowledge,thank you for your attentions, thank you for everything!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Isela Š
Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed with my son for a beach holiday at Tamarindo. The location is excellent if one seeks a bit a solitude from the more crazy downtown area of Tamarindo. Most rooms have views of the ocean. The room itself was simply furnished, more like a budget hotel. For example, beds have cotton cover, no blanket or quilt. The bathroom had mold developing. Nevertheless, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and the grounds inviting to lounge and do nothing (e.g. the hammocks).

Date of stay: February 2019