Lowest prices for your stay
US$98
Free cancellation until 14/05/21
PricelineUS$98
eDreamsUS$98
HurbUS$100
All reviews onsite restaurant boutique hotel the main drag in town minute walk stayed longer san jose tamarindo beach seasons richard bungalow vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

I loved the hotel is into a crear Garden a very close to the beach! Very friendly staff, for sure on my next trip to Tamarindo I will stay again at Arco Iris
Don’t miss this oasis in one of the best destination in Costa Rica!!!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

Left for better location near beach. Misleading duscriptionog hotel location
Dirty floors, pool odd odor
Looked deserted, never saw another guest
Asked about Covid and owner said no cases in Tamarindo.
No masks worn.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard Resnick, Owner at Hotel Arco Iris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2020

My nmae is Richard and I am the owner of the hotel. The guest arrived 2 days before Costa Rica closed their border. Most guests cancelled so they were one the last guests at the hotel. We closed the hotel the day after they checked out. We have very high rating for cleanliness and the rooms are cleaned every day ,so I don't see how it could smell musky. This was a couple with a baby. I think they were very nervous. When they were here in March it was much different then things are today in October. We were just learning about Covid 19. There were no protocols reccommending to wear masks. everything happened very fast. One week earlier March 11, everything was normal here. Its ironic to have a guest say this because I am the most pro mask person I know. Our Health Dept her was not even talking about masks in March. Now masks are required in Costa Rica in all indoor spaces. You also see people walking on the street wearing masks.

We have been closed since March 18. Hotels in Tamarindo are now starting to open up. We will be reopening October 19. We will be implementing all the recommended Covid 19 health precautions, including wearing masks, social distancing, cleaning the rooms, leaving rooms empty 24 hours after guests checkout and many other precautions. I am especially careful due to my age and my belief in following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.

Why the guest wrote the review is puzzling to me. They wrote it 3 months after being here. As I said I think they were very anxious being there with a baby and I understand that. If they went to another hotel they saw the same thing at the next hotel in terms of no guests and no masks. Its not that we were against masks, as I said I am super pro wearing masks. In March masks were not on the radar in Costa Rica.

I want all future guests to know you can trust that you will be safe staying at our hotel. The fact that I am 71 years old, makes me especially careful to protect not only your health but mine too. We look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2020

Hotel Arco Iris is about a 10 minute walk from the beach, but it's a walk through town, past the shops, bars etc., and as such is always enjoyable. The hotel itself is absolutely wonderful and the onsite restaurant turns out to be a Tamarindo wide destination for great food.
We enjoyed it all so much we stayed 4 days longer than initially planned.

Room tip: They're all great!
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 8 February 2020

Arco Iris is overall a great property. Top marks for the property, room comfort, ambiance, service, and great staff who are personable and knowledgeable. A five minute walk to the beach and numerous surprisingly good restaurants. Kudos to Richard and his staff!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saulius U
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Hotel Arco Iris was just as wonderful as the reviews said it was. The staff was friendly and helpful. The private bungalows were quiet and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was absolutely delicious. It was perfect for a group of 8 (4 couples) to each have their own space. It was also within comfortable walking distance to Tamarindo's downtown area. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: The walls are a little thin. Try to get one of the bungalows that don't share walls.
Date of stay: January 2020