Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$109
TravelocityUS$109
Orbitz.comUS$109
CheapTicketsUS$109
TripadvisorUS$109
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2020

The last month we went to tamarindo and we stop at the hotel pueblo dorado everything was excelente, the room price is fare and they have a great breakfast a few blocks from the hotel. The hotel has a nice pool but is kind of dirty as well. My complain is about the workers specially the manager trinidad, it looks like they doesnt like to work. The check in it was super bad we could say the worst in our travel. No information. We didnt know that they had Landury in there. We didnt get informed that they had bikes for free. And when we asked she was rude saying that we are not paying for the surfcamp that also se didnt know so basically they doesnt know how to run the and she needs a customer service trainig.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2019

Clean and cozy, this was a great place to stay for the week. Really felt at home and always woke up well-rested. Kenneth, at the front desk, was super helpful and recommended some great spots to check out in the area. Excellent service!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
etd227, Public Relations Manager at Pueblo Dorado Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review us! Hope to see you back down here soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2019

I recently stayed at Pueblo Dorado while doing surf tours at the neighboring Witch's Rock Surf Camp and the place was perfect. Very open and relaxing hotel right across from the beach & river mouth and just up the hill from downtown Tamarindo. The hotel came with all your basic amenities and a very friendly & accommodating staff. One of the employee's Kenneth was exceptionally generous giving me a ton of local insight and even helping me out with a favor for my journey south.

Date of stay: November 2019
etd227, Public Relations Manager at Pueblo Dorado Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review! I'll be pass on your kind words to Kenneth.

Hope to see you back down here soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

I was so happy at tamarindo, I felt in love with the Costa Rican culture of nice customer service and everyone that I met it was nice and gentle people. I did my surfcamp program at witchis rock surf camp and i dont have complains, 100% recommended, the instructors, dorms, beds, food everything it was perfect until the moment that I met the manager of pueblo dorado, she was so mean at me many times with her lack of customer service, lack of actitud and never willing to help or even worst an smile and that impressed me so deep because I felt like not in Costa Rica, one day I asked for the phone to booked a tour probably as I don't booked with them she was upset and tried to charge me for the phone call it wasn't all she make a comment about the Americans want everything free and in states we charge for everything obviously that was disgusting and humiliating, her co-workers were so ashamed and apologized for her excusing that she is from Argentina, you should take care better of your employees customer service training even more when they are managers, beside that everything it's was awesome!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenice B
Witch's Rock S, Manager at Pueblo Dorado Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2019

Jenice,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. Your critique is a helpful learning tool for us. We are sorry that you felt that our staff wasn't more helpful to you. My understanding from staff was that they felt they went out of their way to assist you in your quest to visit a local chocolate factory by suggesting a cab. We are sorry if you felt that we were less than helpful and in the end your feeling are what matter. We value you as a customer and we appreciate your opinion which we take seriously.

Reviewed 1 January 2019

First of all, this is not a "surf" hotel. The only thing "surf" about it is that many people from Witch's Rock Surf Camp stay here, but this place has no room for surfboards in the rooms and is not on the beach. They should remove "surf" from the name.

Second, the beds are some of the worst beds I've ever slept in. Mattresses are uncomfortable and don't breathe (so I'm sweating even with the ac on). Pillows are too big (so they're great if you're a side sleeper, but too high for back sleepers). I ended up sleeping with the little crappy throw pillow they put for decoration.

The fitted sheets and mattress cover wouldn't even stay on the bed for one night, and I don't move that much when I sleep. This is something that never happens to me, so I immediately noticed the terrible quality. After surfing every day, it was pretty terrible to have to come back to these beds. The last time I had beds this bad I was paying $5 a night in a hostel in Laos. I know they can do better.

The towels are also terrible, they would switch between a literal travel towel (yes like the towel you take in your suitcase so it's small!!) and a more normal towel that scrunched up weirdly so it barely covered me when I wrapped it around my waist.

The one redeeming quality is that they let you borrow a bike for free. They have these big fat tire bikes you can use to ride all around Tamarindo (or just back and forth to Witch's Rock Surf Camp if you're feeling it).

Also the a/c worked well.

Date of stay: December 2018