1,067 results
All reviews monkey bar ladies night the friday night party tropical suite crazy monkey swim up bar costa rica pool area ocean view surf shop pura vida living room surf school special thanks full kitchen in town nice pool
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Had a great time at the Best Western Tamarindo for my first time in Costa Rica. Perfect location and friendly staff. Thanks to Eve, Marisol, Maricruz, Adolfo, Sgarom, and Adrian for taking care of our group! Tip: Use the hotel laundry service! They had my clothes back within a day and did a wonderful job.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We have stayed at Best Western on many occasions and choose this location because it offers affordable rates.

We love to rent the Corona Suite (301) with the wrap around balcony over looking the pool. On Friday nights there is a party that goes until 2:30 in the morning but your patio is the perfect place to watch it.

The Corona Suite offers King size bed, AC, Flat screen tv, Separate kitchen from bedroom and a spacious bath. You have closets to hang up your clothes and a safe to put your valuables.

This hotel is located across the road from the beach with direct beach access. You do have to walk up a bunch of stairs to get to most of the hotel rooms and the restaurant.

We have no problems going up the stairs but I would say that people with mobility issues would want to stay on lower level rooms.

Adolfo is the main reason why we rent rooms here. He is always keen on helping us with everything that we need. Eve is great too!

We recently rented 5 rooms total for our group and everything went smoothly.

Thanks to Sharom and Adrian at the bar for mixing us great happy hour drinks.

Its also worth mentioning that Marisol and Maricruz in Reception we're able to help me with anything that I need.

With realistic expectations of this property, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Ask if you can get one of their brand new rooms.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

The location is great, right across from the beach and you can walk to all the shops and restaurants. We were in room 208 which had an ocean view. It was nice with a table and chairs outside the room to enjoy the view. Checking in took awhile because several people were there at the same time but not a big deal. The breakfast is included which is nice. The pool is lively in the afternoon with families and young singles. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My husband called this hotel before hand to ask about the rates. The man on the phone told him $50 a night. When we arrived at the hotel the woman tried to charge us $75.

My husband is from Costa Rica, but he is very light and most people thought he was American. So we quickly realized what the woman at the front was trying to do.

Besides that,the hotel was what you pay for. The was no hot water, which is typical for Costa Rica.

It was clean, there were no bugs, and it was very quiet during the night once the pools closed. I loved the experience I had in Tamarindo, and if I returned I would consider this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Great location, interesting tiered layout, clean rooms, reasonably priced with secure parking, BUT:
Don't take a room near the pool unless you want to be awakened early(!) by Central American version of techno disco with the bass cranked; and, be careful as whatever product they're using to keep the glazed floor tiles clean makes them treacherously slippery.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo