We booked the hotel through a Living Social deal and I was not expecting much so I was very pleasantly surprised when we drove up and found a beautiful open air lobby with view of the (smaller) pool, a picturesque walkway to the beach, and the bonus of arriving right before sunset so we got to watch the sun set over the water from the lobby. Our room was not on the beach side but was across the road on the other side (which has a large and beautifully landscapped pool with a swim up bar). We were in room 611 and although noted by several people below, this area of the hotel was impacted by constant construction noise throughout the day, the noise did not bother us as it did not start early and ended before sundown so we were rarely in the room when the workers were working. Unlike some below, we found the beds quite comfortable (our room had two doubles). The grounds of the hotel (both sides) are very very nice and the breakfast (which is included) was wonderful with a buffet that included omelets made to order, bacon or sausage, rice and beans or other starch, plantains, toasts, pastries, pancakes, lots of delicious fresh fruit (watermelon and pineapple were always available along with grapes, apples, papaya, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc, etc), a cereal station, and several juices. Although it is true that the front desk is not the best in responsiveness and customer service, the hotel itself far exceeded my expectations. (And anyone wanting a recommendation for a place to eat, we LOVED La Beach Club right down the way....ate there two nights and would have on our third night but we were full from the food from our excursion). Our package also included a bottle of wine and we were very pleasantly surprised to also receive a large and beautiful fruit tray filled with kiwis, papaya, watermelon, pineapple, and grapes. On the downside, the wine and tray were supposed to be in our room when we arrived. We did not get them until we called Latin Express to see if they were suppose to be at this hotel or our next one...so there does seem to be service glitches at the hotel (and bartender service was slow in the main section) but since we did not interact with the staff much, we were overall impressed by the location and beauty of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel