“Best Gift I’ve Ever Given to Myself”

Costa Rica SUP Stand Up Paddle Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: At Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Adventures we offer high end, world class SUP Surfing Camps and high quality flatwater SUP Lessons. For Beginners, we offer high quality Stand Up Paddle Lessons in Tamarindo. For Intermediate/Advanced Flatwater SUPers we offer 2-4 hour SUP Tours in Tamarindo, Pirata, Danta, Conchal, Las Catalinas and to other beautiful nearby beaches. For Intermediate and Advanced SUP Surfers, we offer Coaching and Guided Tours in Tamarindo, Avellanas, Grande and other great SUP surf spots by our local sup surf instructor/coach/guides. We have exciting SUP Adventure Travel guided tours and vacation packages ranging from 4 hours to multi-day. We will customize and plan the adventures closely with you. Join us and learn paddle board surfing or reach your "next level" here, in beautiful Costa Rica.
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I, after coming across Marco’s website and speaking with him on the phone, spent my 50th birthday with him and his wife Lydia. It was my first trip to Costa Rica. I traveled alone, and yet I was never alone and I had the time of my life. I came with the idea of improving my flat water paddling skills. I never thought I could learn to surf, not really. But, Marco never, never gave up on me and, while perhaps slower to learn, the first time it came together for me was the purest bliss and the greatest joy. Marco and Lydia gave me a gift. The gift of knowing how to handle my body in the water, when to jump, when to dive, how to go over the waves. How to catch the waves. I can surf and I actually caught a lot of waves! If Marco can teach me, you must know he is the best teacher. And he is, because he is about teaching you to understand the water, the waves, the wind, how to be safe, how to truly know what you are doing and what the environment is doing.
The teaching is not just a rudimentary “surf lesson,” it’s quite in depth, it is supported, it is photographed. You learn so much. About SUP surfing and paddling but, also about yourself. Marco will give you skills to take home with you.
And, as I said, Marco teaches you to see and to respect. I went to learn to paddle and I left with significantly better paddle skills, but also a better ability to look at and appreciate my environment.
I highly recommend signing up for the “camp” experience versus renting/having a singular lesson. Particularly if you are traveling alone or truly want to improve your skills. I was so pleased with the Tamarindo Diria (great access to everything) and I had 3-4 hours with Marco or Lydia daily, and airport transfer (if you get Olman as your driver, he is a wealth of knowledge and so kind).
In essence, I would highly recommend Costa Rica SUP Adventures for anyone who is interested in standup paddleboard. You will have the teacher and the trip of a lifetime. For myself, I am counting the days until I can come back.

1  Thank Susan S
"felt safe"
"surf boards"
"great guy"

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I am from Portugal , a sup lover intermediate !
I went in contact with Marcos by email and from the beginning I had all the informations I need to be sure I would have a nice experience!
What a week!!
Good boards and paddles and photo session by him or his wife Lydia!
Marcos is always giving information about the best beaches and of course knows everything about his Costa Rica!
I did increase my level for sup surfing..I will return on this so nice Tamarindo!
Do not hesitate to be with them!
Very educated, funny and always there if you need an help !
Thanks you Marcos and Lydia for the time we spent together !
Hope see you soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I just spent 4 days with Marco around Tamarindo and would highly recommend him to surfers and paddlesurfers. First, he is extremely experienced as a teacher and coach and helped me with foot positioning, balance,and form on the board. He used pictures and videos (extremely helpful) to assist in this process. He also has a wide selection of beginner, intermediate and advanced boards as well as the best paddles on the market. He is always most concerning about your safety but also gives very specific tips on how to get better and how to be safe in the water. On top of everything, he is honest and enthusiastic about the area and CR in general and full of great and useful information. If you want to have fun, get better, be safe, and do it all at a reasonable price, Marco is your best choice in the area by far!!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I did SUP paddling for first time and I love it! Marco takes really good care of you, felt safe and no stress at all. It was great experience and will do it once again for sure!