Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Marco and Lydia are the best SUP outfit in Tamarindo and have excellent equipment

I came down to Tamarindo in November for a "dental vacation" and after much research settled on... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
telecom800
MA
Costa Rica SUP Paradise

Visited Tamarindo in August with 3 friends from work and had an awesome experience with Marco and... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
toddgore1
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Tamarindo
from US$115.00
from US$45.00
from US$95.00
from US$105.00
More Info
All reviews his wife flat water pura vida surf trip costa rica intermediate level surf skills excellent equipment wonderful hosts traveling alone three hours tamarindo diria amazing experience tamarindo area board selection hour lesson top notch
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I just spent 4 days with Marco around Tamarindo and would highly recommend him to surfers and paddlesurfers. First, he is extremely experienced as a teacher and coach and helped me with foot positioning, balance,and form on the board. He used pictures and videos (extremely helpful) to assist in this process. He also has a wide selection of beginner, intermediate and advanced boards as well as the best paddles on the market. He is always most concerning about your safety but also gives very specific tips on how to get better and how to be safe in the water. On top of everything, he is honest and enthusiastic about the area and CR in general and full of great and useful information. If you want to have fun, get better, be safe, and do it all at a reasonable price, Marco is your best choice in the area by far!!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I did SUP paddling for first time and I love it! Marco takes really good care of you, felt safe and no stress at all. It was great experience and will do it once again for sure!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We booked 4 days of board and paddle hire for myself and my son. I paddle a lot so I booked Marco to give my son some lessons. By day 3 my son was catching as many waves as me and on days 4&5 he was catching more than me! Thanks for that Marco! I also got some coaching and I learnt some good paddle technique tips. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

What a great experience! Marco is so knowledgeable and ensures you have a fantastic time on the water. We had so much fun!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd time working with Marco! He's the man down there and will get you what you need and send you to the right spot. I contacted him prior to my trip to rent a performance SUP for my vaca. He knew my surfing style and gave him specs what i surf at home. He gave me several options in my range. The board was great quality and worked out awesome for the trip. Much easier than lugging a SUP through the airport and to the house. He also gave me pointers and some awesome tips to help my surfing one day I met up with him taking pics of another SUP guy. Super good guy!! Most highly recommended in the area

Date of experience: August 2017