All reviews black lab family that owns dirt road infinity pool rooms are beautiful week stay wonderful stay every morning rental car costa rica two nights tamarindo beach ocean view pura vida charly mascot noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

This family and this space are both incredible. Some of the hardest working people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting, they take enormous pride in their work, are all hands on deck from bar service, laundry, food prep and housekeeping - and the love and dedication to what they do shows in all areas. It was so good I extended my stay by two nights. Such a relaxing time and such helpful owners I truly couldn’t have asked for a better time. Close to Tamarindo and a quick and easy drive - I highly recommend this slice of heaven.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Virginia Flores Calle, Director General at Pacific Kalokairi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Wow Cat! thank you so much for your kind review! we love when our guests feel like you in our little hotel hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 February 2021

This is endowed gorgeous views. The family in Pacific Kalokairi had us such wonderful time in our well cleaned room with modern amenities with noises of wild animals (not attacking type) and coffee. The dirt road journey has rustic feel.

Date of stay: January 2021
Virginia Flores Calle, Director General at Pacific Kalokairi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Thanks for your warm review! It was our pleasure to have you as guests, you were so nice! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2021

I don't even know where to start. This place was amazing from booking our reservations to checking out. From the moment my partner and I arrived, we felt like family. The staff was amazing! Every morning we were greeted by name and were asked what our plans were for the day. Breakfast was amazing and you get to choose off a menu, it's not prefixed. The room was amazing and clean. We really felt safe as far as COVID goes during our stay which was super important to us. Even though the road in is bumpy (not their fault) we got rides to and from whenever we needed. It was very easy to get where we wanted. Since I've been home I've been telling everyone I know that this is the place to go. I'm already planning my next trip back just to stay at this hotel again. Thank you Pacific Kalokairi for making our trip beyond AMAZING. and thank you Charly for being the best watch dog who was ready to eat any left overs I had!

Date of stay: December 2020
Virginia Flores Calle, Director General at Pacific Kalokairi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Thank you so much Brittany! We are so happy you both guys enjoyed your stay with us as much as we did. We loved our chats by the snack bar (and every time we prepare the cocktail Austin taught us and we named "the Brittany" we remember them!). Charly misses you too guys! It will be our pleasure to have you around again

Reviewed 10 January 2021

Not only is the hotel absolutely amazing, the family that owns the property and personally takes care of you is extraordinary!

The rooms are spotlessly clean, new and private. During Covid time, you want to feel safe and keep your distance. This is the perfect hotel for that! You are in your own bungalow and everyone on property is super respectful.

My husband and I found out we needed a Covid test while we were staying here to get back into Canada. We panicked but Silvia (staff member) got on the phone and found us an appointment, with reputable labs and price and took care of reserving it right away. We could not have done it without her!

We felt like we became part of the family during our stay. This makes the experience really next level. We even loved their black lab, Charlie.

Everyone is on call to help you with anything...dinner, things to do, covid tests, you name it. Sometimes things is Costa Rica are done in a round-about way so it is really helpful to have help.

Overall, our experience felt intimate, we were safe, the family went above and beyond for us and was the best. We travel all over the world and this is one of our top places to stay.

Room tip: We actually preferred the jungle view room since it was a bit more private than the ocean view rooms.
Date of stay: January 2021
Virginia Flores Calle, Director General at Pacific Kalokairi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Thanks for your great review Ashley! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we did! Thanks for choosing us, it really was our pleasure to make things easier during your trip. Thanks for the pizza and the pastries too, you were incredibly nice! We all miss you (that includes Charly, who still has the little bone you got him!)

Reviewed 30 December 2020

There is absolutely nothing we would change of our stay at Pacific Kalokairi. Let’s start with the breathtaking views once you get to the place, this is truly a hidden gem close to Tamarindo but far enough to enjoy nature at its best. Continuing with the rooms, they are cozy yet modern, with a huge extra comfy bed, a pretty decent sized mini fridge (water bottles, some snacks and six-pack fitted perfectly) and a nice selection of coffee and tea that the family that owns the place refills everyday. I left them intentionally for the end because I really want to thank Virginia, Andrea, Maria and Santiago for the incredible work they do at Pacific Kalokairi, as they were the absolute best hosts. We left their place with the feeling we visited some old friends and their doggo (Charly we love you). Don’t miss this place if you ever visit Costa Rica!

Date of stay: December 2020
Virginia Flores Calle, Director General at Pacific Kalokairi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Wow Kevin! Thank you so much for your kind review! You guys are amazing!
Thanks for everything and hope to see you again!