All reviews bedroom unit min drive grounds are beautiful costa rica family vacation pura vida units appliances robert pools accommodations maintenance
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Just returned from one week at the Oaks where we visited with friends it is a beautiful complex with 3 pools the grounds are beautiful well kept lots of flowers.The units are all 2 bedroom with air conditioning and wifi,easy to get to town and the beaches which are all so beautiful will definitely return and stay longer.

Room Tip: This is a condo complex ,we prefer the ground floor but the higher up the better the view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheOaksCostaRica, General Manager at The Oaks Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Oaks. Each apartment is individually owned, so experiences may vary (from good to great) depending on the particular apartment, its furnishings, maintenance and location. The great majority of owners show pride of ownership. Do you remember the number of the unit where you stayed?

Reviewed 13 December 2017

My friends and I got a 2 bedroom unit at the Oaks.... #69 It was beautifully furnished, had everything we needed ... The shower in the master bath was amazing ...I didn't wanna get out !!! The only thing that bothered me was that at 730 in the morning I heard noise coming from the small balcony in my room and when I pulled the curtain there was a guy in my balcony and another one climbing the stairs and it scared me at first and then I was kind of ticked that they woke me.... its a 15 min driver to Tamarindo and approximately 25-30 minutes to nearby beaches... would definitely recommend it!!! nice pool and scenery !!!!!! p.s. there are no elevators but Miguel was awesome and carried all of our luggage ...gracias Miguel !!!!!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor prob has the better views, however no elevator!!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
CostaRicaRobert, Owner at The Oaks Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thanks for your review! I spoke to the maintenance supervisor this morning. He told me that he had contracted with an outside roofing contractor, and that this was the cause of the work at 7:30 a.m., way too early! After Tropical Storm Nate, we had to do maintenance work on the roof gutters, and the roofing contractor should have done the work a little later. No consolation for you, but it should not happen again. Best wishes, Robert

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Spent 2 weeks there last month and things were fine. Elisa was great at helping us find our way around and the few problems we had. Big 2 bedroom unit that was always clean with service every 3 days. Didn't expect any service so a nice surprise. Nice grounds to stroll around, plenty of covered parking and continual maintenance going on. Convenient location to get to the area attractions. 3 pools to choose from, hope they have more lounges for when they are full. BBQ at big pool didn't always get hot enough but they were working on it. All appliances and the AC worked great...thankfully.
Had a little dental problem come up and Elisa found me an appointment quickly with an English speaker. Had the problem solved within an hour after contacting her. Dr. Daniel in the strip mall on the left side of where Mega is located.

Room Tip: Shower diverter hard to work with low water pressure but turn on both hot and cold all the way and pull up.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
CostaRicaRobert, General Manager at The Oaks Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thanks for your comments! The BBQ at the big pool has been fixed, we grilled a turkey on it for Christmas. We also bought and placed 18 additional lounges. This always is an issue this time of year, as they arrive (imported) only for a short time and sell out quickly.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We just returned from two weeks in CR. We stayed at The Oaks and had a wonderful stay. The staff is fantastic, Elisa was our main contact and just couldn't have been easier to work with- she's really great! (I wish I could remember everyone's names to include them all in a big Pura Vida!) All the groundskeeping, housekeeping, maintenance and security staff are attentive and kind. Although my Spanish is first grade, it wasn't hard to deal with anyone, everyone is very patient (incidentally, Elisa speaks perfect English, so if you need to do business she's only an email or phone call away). By the way to anyone that complains about staff not speaking Spanish, your airline ticket said, Costa Rica, not USA- so the problem is yours! I personally enjoyed trying (and very often failing) to communicate in Español. I also think we had a better experience as we traveled around and took at shot at speaking with people instead of hiding from them.

The condo was super clean and reasonably appointed for our stay. Might have been nice to have a few extras forks, and a baking sheet or two, but that is trivial in our mind. We had a couple minor maintenance issues that were taken care of cheerfully and immediately. The neighbors were either residents or multi-month rentals and were very pleasant and enjoyable to interact with.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool(s) are awesome! Howler monkeys will wake you up in the morning, and we enjoyed sitting out in the evenings or taking a walk on the trail that circumnavigates the grounds.

The Oaks is only 10 minutes or so to Tamarindo if that is your cup of tea. We spent almost our entire trip driving around the backroads, and The Oaks location is very ideal for day trips. As a side note, all the stuff you hear about Ticos being super friendly and kind, yep, that was our experience!

I can't say enough about the staff, the grounds and our experience. We would definitely stay at The Oaks again if we visit that area in the future. ¡Pura Vida!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ L

Thanks for the review! Condo 75 has new furniture and is sought after by people who want to be away from the pools and enjoy peace and quiet. I have asked housekeeping to "count the forks and spoons" and make sure there are plenty in future. I have also passed on your comments to Elisa. Best wishes, Robert

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We loved our first stay at The Oaks so much, we invested in a long term rental in 2015! This was our third trip to The Oaks and we love staying here when we're in Tamarindo. The complex is 7-10 minutes from town and the local beaches and has 24-hour security. The grounds are well manicured and the condos are fully equipped with most everything you would need during your stay. It's a quiet and relaxing space to enjoy during your down time. One of my favorite things to do is walk around the grounds am and pm. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April T
CostaRicaRobert, General Manager at The Oaks Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks for your comments! The maintenance crew does an extraordinary job.