US$288
US$101
Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$107
Cabinas Casa Esmeralda(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$33
Bungalow"s Casa Valeria(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$36
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestshostelbeachhammocksroostersparadise
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I found peace here. A guest house tucked away from the noise of Samara Centro. A place to experience la pura vida. My room was painted colorfully, and felt like home. So much so that I stayed for an extra FOUR WEEKS on top of the two I booked. Thomas took very good care of me - offering me food or various treats from time to time. My room would be cleaned at least once a week, and my sheets changed. The neighborhood is quiet and the beach is only a few steps away. I would stay here again, and hope one day I have a life as beautiful and tranquill as Thomas done.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Such a beautiful place nearby the beach.
The rooms was clean and we had a very nice time!
Everything you need is there, friendly owner, cozy pool to cool down, open air kitchen.
Some people wrote that the water didn't work, sometimes that happens, because tha water pump quits working. In that case you just tell it the owner and he starts it again, so no reason to worry.
We didn't feel unsafe there, the neighbours are friendly as well and there is a dog, which would bark if anybody came in at night - sonething like this never happend!
To the centre of samara is just a 15 minutes walk at the beautiful beach.

We had a fantastic time there!!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

Now renamed the above with the same owner - yes it is out of the way (so much so that it is nowhere 20 minutes from the town), quiet and private but unfortunately this is where it goes downhill. Generally on a poor state of repair, water system on and off regularly and not good clean quality, communal kitchen smelly due to sink not being plummet in and water simply running onto ground, outside area overgrown and so called pool dirty. Our room was lean and upstairs bathroom nice.
We left for and other hostel in the town for the remainder of our stay

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2014

Villa Kunterbunt was the perfect choice for my visit to Samara, I couldn't have picked a better place especially for the price!!! Travelling by myself I felt very safe and secure and the room and grounds are very beautiful, clean, organized and very welcoming. It also fully met my needs like wifi, private bath/shower, community kitchen and some local info. And Thomas is super-nice and helpful! I hope to be back sometime soon :)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We don´t think this is such a terrible place, but saying this is "dreamlike" or "best experience in CR" is just ridiculous. The problem of this place is that it is overrated. The beach is close and at night it is very quiet. It is a bit far away from the shops though. The place is half abandoned, dirty and falling apart. The management (the German owner and the inexperienced young Spanish fellows in his absence) simply do not care about it. This is the problem: they are not customer orientated at all. For this reason we don´t like this place. They charge 40USD for the rooms (30 in low season). If the price would be 10 USD it "could be ok" but paying 30 or 40 USD for these rooms is too much. So if you do care about your money and don´t want to feel cheated just don´t come here. And if you come don´t expect too much...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple