All reviewsfrench couplecows and horseshot water systemexcellent cuisinein townthe ownerfabulous restaurantcosta ricaclean hotelneeded a place to stayhotel locatedthe entire hotelwonderful ownersrooms are smallnice swimming poolrented bikeskids loved the pool
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This lodge is a perfect place to stay if you want to be away from the busy town and beach. It is close enough to walk to so you don't necessarily need a vehicle. The rooms are clean and comfortable with 2 sitting areas outside the room, the backyard view of a farm and the front pool area. The pool was a great place for a refreshing dip on a hot afternoon. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. We enjoyed coming back to the comfort of this lodge after a day out on the beach, town or trails.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Great hotel. Amazing staff,friendly and very helpful. The restaurant was very good. We was staying for two weeks and as the restaurant did not serve food at lunch time we had a fair walk to town for food and supplies and felt it would have been helpful if there was a small fridge in the room .Otherwise we was very happy with our stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We enjoyed the last couple of days of our round trip there. Everything was almost perfect. If the hotel offered free bicycles then the stay would have been perfect. Beach and town are some distance away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Well pleased. Staff worked to make our visit go smoothly. Servers were friendly. Food was excellent. Room pricing was very fair. The room was quiet at night and while not in Samara proper was close to town and the beach.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each with king size beds 9 months in advance, confirmed with a credit card. The email confirmation I received from the owner guaranteed king size beds in the large room as pictured on their website. When we arrived, we were given 2 small rooms with a double bed and a very tiny dark bathroom. One room had a dresser and the other no dresser. See attached photos. I immediately showed my confirmation letter and was told that's the only option. The manager said she decided to give away the rooms I booked and put us in these rooms. I have never experienced such rudeness. It was very clear that another client refused the rooms she put us in and not wanting to loose out on a booking, she gave them our rooms without notifying us and not providing us with advanced notice.. She gave us 10% off, shrugged her shoulders and had no interest in our comfort. SInce we drove 3 hours on a very mountainous road, we were not interested in driving around trying to find an alternative as it is high season. We spent 3 uncomfortable nights living out of a suitcase or with our clothes on the bed.
The hotel is run by a French couple and cater to French and European people.
Writing a negative review is not enjoyable but as I rely on Tripadvisor, I feel a responsibility to post this. As you can see, from the dozen of other review I posted, I generally give 4 and 5 stars review.
DO NOT BOOK HERE.

Room Tip: NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU BOOKED. Our rooms were very small and dark. Bathroom was extemely tiny.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple