Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$276
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
TripadvisorUS$276
CheapTicketsUS$276
FindHotelUS$276
All reviews pool bar growing pains water purifier hot water italian a la carte amazing drinks room cleaning main bar espresso machine costa rica bottle of sparkling wine our air canada rep long bus ride food and beverage manager buffet restaurant beautiful country garden view
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from our 10th anniversary trip. It was our first time in Costa Rica and we will definitely be returning. The resort is gorgeous! Rooms are spacious and well designed. At this time, you do have to request room cleaning and such to avoid contact between people. Once requested, it is taken care of quickly. The pool area is beautiful and they always have music playing. The swim up bar was not open during our stay due to covid. But the drink service by the pool is always fantastic. It is a but of a quieter resort than some we have been to, as opposed to ones where there are planned activities and shows and parties. I’m not sure if that is because of COVID or just because its a quieter resort. We def had our fair share of fun though! The food is fantastic, much more boutique style than most all inclusive resorts, which offer boring buffet style choices. If you get the chance try the pasta carbonara. Someone mentioned that the bar is not open before 10 am, but we ordered drinks daily with breakfast and it was never a problem. (That’s what vacation is all about!) All of the servers and bar staff were so great! We made so many friends I don’t even want to name names, in case I left anyone out. Thank you to all of our new friends at Azura for making our vacation so amazingly memorable. ¡Hasta luego!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank wanderingblondie23
Reviewed 23 January 2021

Arrived on January 2 for 2 weeks. It’s 1:40 drive from Liberia airport. Fast checking with braclets that are also the key to the room.

We had booked a garden view room but received an oceanview on 3 rd floor. Spacious room with coffee make (Nespresso style) and a water purifier. No mini bar because of Covid. There is no room upkeep either. You can ask for it and they will come though. To have your towels changed, just use the what’s up app and leave them outside your door or speak to reception. Chocolates left outside door on most nights as no turndown service is done. Huge shower, bathtub on balcony, automatic night lights. The blinds are also electric and not ideal if ne wants to slip out onto balcony early mornings, because bringing then up wakes up sleeping partner. They do keep the room dark though.

We has the pool and beach mostly to ourselves as very few rooms were taken. No live music at this time. Vegetation is beautiful. We enjoyed seeing parrots, hummingbirds, magpie jays, even Macaws! Hearing howling monkeys early in the morning.

Restaurants. Presently there is a shared restaurant (Choras) with the family hotel next door which serves the 3 meals. There is a section reserved for the Azura guests. A good thing to know is that at dinner, the menu from Choras and Chill N Grill is available.

Chill N Grill serves lunch and dinner. With pol and ocean view it’s a beautiful setting.

The Italian Bogatas restaurant was open every other night.

All our meals were very tasty. The poké tuna bowl was amazing. All menus must be scanned to your phone as no paper manus available.

Pool is really nice. The upper portion is warmer. The swimup rooms are great because they are attached to main pool. The pool bar was closed but the Chill N Grill bar staff came to take our orders at the pool and beach. 40 minute walk on beach to get to Samara

Covid tests were organized through our Air Canada rep directly at hotel. Great service. Price varies according to number of persons. We were 4 and cost was 165$ usd each. Being 2, it would have been 205$ usd each. Results came in the next night. We spoke with owner and he organized the covid testing with the rep and clinic, so even you you fly out on another airline, the resort will give you the info. We had to fill in 2 forms and email the clinic. We loved the fact we didn’t have to lose half a day to head into Nicoya to get tested. Just the taxi would have cost 120$.

All guests and employees entering the resort have their temperature taken. Our temperature was taken at diner every night. Sanitizing gel is available everywhere. Masks are warn at all times by staff and guests must wear mask when walking in hotel. We felt very safe with the Covid situation.

The staff are mostly all new being closed for many months. During our stay we saw their improvement. The staff were very friendly. We had an issue which the owner was made aware and he came personally to talk with us. We appreciated this gesture greatly. MERCI! Don’t hesitate to talk to manager with your problems. They do rectify issues.

Overall, we would definitely return. It is a very quiet resort and that is what we were looking for. If you want a party place, or evening shows, sitting at a bar till the wee hours of the night, this place is not it. We loved the personal attention. Being called by our names throughout the stay was heartwarming.

Date of stay: January 2021
4  Thank ombrelle
Reviewed 21 January 2021

The idea of an all-inclusive is attractive. You don't have to think about what you're spending on food and can relax and enjoy the resort. It is a beautiful property, right on the beach, and with a very attractive design. Measures to deal with the pandemic were carefully followed. Little touches like a bottle of sparkling wine with a tray of cookies and fruit delivered to the room shortly after arrival, and chocolates hanging on the door each morning were nice. The room was way more than your standard hotel room with very nice decorating touches. But there were caveats with the room. The door to the toilet is frosted glass, which allowed some visual. The double sink was right in the room - and splattered over you when you turned on the water. The shower had no door and even had a "peek-through" from the room. No problem for couples, but if there's an extra person in the room it would be very awkward. A nice balcony with comfortable chairs had a bathtub on it - which I was told was for couples who wanted to sit out there together in the water. A little different. Our room overlooked the pool, which had loud music playing throughout the day and evening. If you didn't feel like hearing their music it was annoying. Staff service was great. Servers came around chairs on the beach taking drink orders. All of that was very nice - but for the price I expect better than average food. True, buffets were all shut down due to the pandemic. Dinner in the Italian restaurant was very good, and the steak/seafood place was decent. Breakfast was run of the mill. Lunch was unimpressive. I had the strangest hummus I have ever tasted. For the price paid, we could have eaten at the best restaurants in the area and stayed at an equally nice property.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

My fiancé and I went away the first week of January to Hotel AZURA. We were welcomed and shown around the resort and they sat us down to eat and have a drink just in time to catch the sunset after a long day of travel. I walked down the hall and I was blown away by the view of the ocean absolutely stunning, a dream to sit by the ocean every day for every meal.. which by the way the food is amazing. I am from Ontario Canada and to me it was like eating from home. There was a lot of variety and if there was something that was not on the menu they would try and come up with it for you. The staff were remarkable such good genuine people who go out of their way to make your stay memorable and fun! They were like family to me after one week of staying I didn't want to come home lol. They made me feel like home. It was safe and I never had that feeling of unease even when I walked up the beach to SAMARA. (35 min walk) to shop for gifts since they didn't have a gift shop at the resort. Everyone in SAMARA was so nice and helpful! The hotel is so modern and beautiful and the pool bar was closed during this time but they still would bring you a drink to the pool which was great I even had lunch by the pool. We had to make reservations for the 3 resurants ( never a problem) and I loved the grill the most. My favorite drink was Augina made by David ! he's the best;) The resort had cool wildlife birds, lizards etc. I went on a excursion for a guided hike and that was pretty cool to see monkeys and it was informative ( 2 hours up a slow incline to over look the area and ocean). It was only 10 mins down the road so it didn't take away from the stay at the hotel. If you are wondering about Covid it was very safe where a mask anywhere there was a ceiling and the resort was not very busy so you didn't feel uncomfortable. Everyone was respectful and easy going and didn't get to close etc. The pool was open at all hours which was awesome oh and I had a tub on my balcony! like what! so amazing to sit under the stars and have a bath. Weather was amazing and even though there was no activities at night I didn't mind spending time in my room because it was so beautiful in there! One thing SHOWERS do run warm.. you need to turn all the taps on for about 5 mins on hot and it will warm up! :) I love that you have to do this because they use solar panels and it are helping the environment. You must go here. It's just over a year old and even though it is 2 hours from the Airport (dry area of Costa Rica) it was worth it ! The beach was so amazing and the sunsets there are a ritual to go and see it, you wanted to because it blows you away every time. Such a peaceful, fun and refreshing recharge just what I needed! Thank you for an awesome stay! Meg and Ryan

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank paintingwithm
Reviewed 10 January 2021

The boutique beach resort is clean, modern, and quiet. They follow a COVID protocal to ensure the safety of guests and their staff. The food is freshly made and delicious. The staff is attentive, friendly, and they are willing to go above and beyond. You'll see gentle animals (birds, dogs, and iguanas) roaming on parts of the resort and beaches. We saw the howling monkeys hanging out in trees on our way to the airport. We did a sunset ATV tour and it was fun. The company picked us up at the resort. The moderate ocean waves and amazing sunsets were the best part of our trip. I would definitely recommend this resort and Costa Rica as a place to visit. I can't wait to return. Pura Vida!

Date of stay: December 2020