All reviewsrip jackyoga studiocosta ricalaid backyoga teacher trainingevery mealtraveling aloneupstairs restaurantshrimpleatherback turtlesgreat restaurantstandard roombeach towelswater taxisurfershammockssurfing
Reviewed 7 July 2018

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Ripjack and it's the perfect destination for a "get off the grid" vacation. Playa Grande is a wonderful beach/surfer town, with very little development next to a jaw dropping beautiful beach. The Ripjack is the perfect beach inn, with a completely laid back vibe. The property is small (only 21 rooms) which made it very welcoming. Our room was clean and spacious and the staff were fantastic. Everyone we met -- at the front desk and in the restaurant -- were genuinely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The restaurant was particularly fun, it had a bit of a tree house feel to it and was open air. The food was outstanding; we ate there every day and loved the menu. Our room was 100 steps from the beach (yes, we counted). Grabbing a beer and heading to the beach for an amazing sunset every night was the definition of pure vida for us. We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RipJack I, General Manager at Hotel RipJack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you back in the future. I've never actually counted the steps to the beach, that is good to know!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My boyfriend and I just got back last night and thought I have to give a shout-out to Rip Jack Inn team!! They were super friendly and wonderful people. Thanks to Jackie, Tiko, Mayra, Bama, Charles, Ronaldo, Maria, and the rest of the crew for making our trip just amazing! The food was just delicious and customer service was beyond great! We are planning our next trip already!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RipleyCostaRica, Manager at Hotel RipJack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hola and thank you so much for your sharing your experience. We have the most amazing team at the hotel and once your arrive our goal is to make you feel like part of the family. We can't wait to see you again and don't forget, return guests receive a 10% discount!

Pura Vida

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The second floor restaurant at RipJack Inn is a hidden treasure in Playa Grande. I was a solo traveler celebrating a big birthday and after reading some of the reviews from other members on Tripadvisor, I decided that I would have my birthday dinner at RipJack Inn. Two days before my birthday, I came in the restaurant and inquired about their menu and prices. I was met, which I deeply regret not getting her name, with the most tentative hostess I have ever met. I happened to mention to her that I was going to celebrate my birthday at the restaurant and that I would be coming back. On the evening of my birthday, I walked in the upstairs restaurant and met her. Not only did she wish me a happy birthday but also remembered my name. She even went the extra mile and brought to my table a dessert with a candle with the staff to sing me happy birthday. I had a wonderful birthday thanks to this lovely young lady who took the time to make my birthday less lonely and very special. This was one of the most touching moments on my vacation. Thank you!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
RipleyCostaRica, General Manager at Hotel RipJack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

What a wonderful Birthday evening! I will tell Maria Jose that you were very happy and we hope to see you again someday!

Pura Vida

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This was my third time staying here at the Rip Jack! My visit this time was a three week stay! I love that the hotel is right next to the beach and just footsteps from the yoga shala! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Every room is different and has its own charm! The staff are friendly and welcoming and In no time, you will feel like you are at home! The food @ The Rip Jack is delicious and artistically presented and remains the topic of many favorite memories months after returning home. I highly recommend the Rip Jack Inn as an ideal spot for couples, families or friends! Pura Vida!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
RipleyCostaRica, General Manager at Hotel RipJack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience! We love hearing from our guests and we especially love when they come back to see us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This was my second trip to RipJack, and I hope to come back again. I highly recommend the hotel, and I'll definitely go back for another yoga retreat or a vacation if I have the opportunity. This hotel has a friendly, warm staff and everything you need for a relaxing time near the beach. Both trips I felt totally at home while I stayed at RipJack.

Both rooms I've stayed in were very clean and comfortable. Their housekeeping staff do an amazing job, which is no small feat when you're tracking sand into the room.

The restaurant has excellent food. I was eating three meals a day there for two weeks, and they consistently served fresh, delicious food the entire time. (I really miss their breakfasts and veggie bowls!)

The yoga studio and the pools are also very nice. The whole property is thoughtfully designed to help you relax and live that Pura Vida lifestyle.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
RipleyCostaRica, General Manager at Hotel RipJack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are always so happy to see guests return year after year. We look forward to the next time!