“Amazing pizza - rivals NYC brick oven”
Review of Saporito

Saporito
Ranked #34 of 124 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Awesome pizza that is as good as NYC. I come here at least twice when I am in town. Owners are husband/wife Italian/Costa Rican and are super warm and friendly. Their fettucini bolognase was also awesome but they don't make pasta during low season.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent Neapolitan style thin crust pizza. The owner is from Italy! We ordered two pizzas and had to order one more... it was that good! Finished the dinner off with Tiramisu. My husband is not a big fan of Tiramisu but he thought this one was really good! We will definitely eat here again when visiting Playa de Coco.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Dinner was fair. Pizza (margarita) lacked enough mozzarella and basil. Lasagna was good.
Price point was high for what we got.
We were the only ones in the restaurant on a Friday evening from 6-7.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Charlene D
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Seriously fantastic pizza...thin crust with puffed out edges...true Nepalese pizza. Ask for the spicy olive oil to drizzle on your crust edges...yum!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Saporito was easy to find and off the main drag, so it was peaceful.
The inside and outdoor seating was very well kept.
We sat outside and the tables and chairs were very clean.
We were treated very well and the level of service was what you would expect at an expensive restaurant - the chef was brushing a couple tiny leaves that had fallen from the trees off the table after taking our order. He also provided a glass of ice with my water and poured for me. He spoke very good English as well. This all made for a great atmosphere.
The pizza was delicious and so flavorful - this is authentic (this crust) Italian pizza. I got the pepperoni and my husband got the margherita. My pizza had a real bite to it, the sauce was rich and the crust was just right. I don't normally like crust, but this crust had an almost addictive flavor and texture. My husbands pizza had a completely different flavor than mine and I now know what basil is supposed to taste like.
I couldn't get over the flavor.
We tried the tiramisu for desert and it was just average, compared to what an Italian mamma or nonna would make.
Pricing was fair - 2 pizzas, a water, a beer and a tiramisu came to $40 US and the portions filled us up.
I hope to come back before my trip is over.

Date of visit: February 2017