“Great Italian food and nice people”

Il Gusto Della Vita
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Whenever We are in town my wife and I get great Italian food here often to go so we can sit outside and watch the sunset while we eat. Wait time for orders is short and the food always comes out hot and fresh.

My favorites here are spaghetti bolignase,
Lasagna and oglio olio. The chef is always friendly and happy and clearly loves making great food for his customers. Prices are also very reasonable.

Don't miss this hidden gem as you eat your way down main street to the beach.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I had the veggie fettuccine Alfredo, and my Lord.... the heavens parted and angels sang. If you’re from the US and think you’ve had Alfredo at chain Italian restaurants before.... you haven’t. This is legit. Even beats anything we’ve had in Little Italy in NYC. My daughter had The spaghetti al ragú bolognese, and it was perfect too. We both also tried the ensalada caprese. The mozzarella was creamy and perfect. And if you know Costa Rica, you know good cheese is hard to come by (only other place that we’ve had cheese this good was Buchón Cantina in San Jose). There seemed to be a good wine selection, although we didn’t try any. Highly recommend for a nice dinner our in Playa del Coco.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I spent a few weeks in Playas del Coco and became a regular here. The service was always above par on each visit. They offer a free and generous antipasti bar included with your meal. I loved the mushroom risotto so much that I couldn't help but order anything else on the menu on all four visits. Great staff. Low key with great vibes. I highly recommend! Nice wine selection, too!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

It was about time I ate at this very authentic, beautifully designed/decorated, stylist, small Italian restaurant. Everything was really perfect and a few extra added bonuses that made the night even better were: the traditional antipasto bar - full of an array of delicious and fresh platters to start the evening, along with the very appreciated air/con! I know that may not seem like a big deal but with the changing weather, a break from the heat & humidity especially during dinner was like striking gold! Service was very attentive, smooth and efficient (thanks to Fabian). Our pasta dishes were an excellent value and packed with flavor. Overall, this was the best dining experience I've had in Costa Rica in a long time (and I eat out a lot). Highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Restaurant is hidden in a small plaza next to Coconutz.
Menu includes appetizers, meats, pasta, risotto + drinks. Price range for main course is 5,700 - 8,000 colones. It also includes small vegetable buffet where you can take as many vegetables as you want. Fresh bread will be also served with your order.
Restaurant has a romantic atmosphere, cozy and has great service!