“Pleasantly surprised”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Monday tuesday close
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I went with a couple of girlfriends for lunch. I was not expecting much. The restaurants in this area have been disappointing on the whole. This one was good, very good. I had chicken crepes. The sauce was very tasty, with a hint of sherry. The crepes were light an delicate. The portion was large enough that I couldn't quite finish it. I would definitely return. My friends each had spinach crepes and they were happy. I had limonada with mint. It was delicious.

The service as a tad slow. The waitress did not ask before snatching away my unfinished drink that I was sort of saving to top of the meal. I could not get her attention so I just gave up.

But I guess anyone can have a bad day and good help is hard to find. That's a minor infraction and would not stop me from returning. I would just have to remember to guard my drink with my life! Good restaurant.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We were in CR 4 years ago and made sure to not miss this restaurant on this visit. We were a large group and the consensus to visit this restaurant 3 times in 3 weeks was easy. Large menu, fast service and large portion. The coconut shrimp feeds two people! Don't miss the restaurant when you visit the area!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Good service and good food. The owner came bu our table and ask if everything was ok. Price is 20$ per person food and non alcohol drinks

Reviewed 25 November 2016

The variety on the 3 different menus (gourmet, sushi and general) is perfect for a larger group with varying tastes and satisfied several different palates in our group of six, from children to grandparents. The quality of the food and presentation was superb for every dish ordered. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you choose. Service was excellent, cocktails very good and no complaints at all. It's a small restaurant, around 8 to 16 tables depending on seating arrangements and we waited easily 30 to 40 minutes for our main dish, but we didn't eat appetizers and we had a couple of drinks each whilst waiting - it really wasn't a problem waiting, the atmosphere is lovely. The food for everyone arrived at the same time (seemingly impossible in many restaurants serving larger groups, but not a problem here). Apart from one of the kids who ordered a pepperoni pizza they were happy to customize, we all chose a variety of seafoods from the sushi and gourmet menus, and it was all delicious and perfectly fresh. The portions were generous without being overly large and we ate absolutely everything, which was a first. Easily the best restaurant we went to in the Playas Del Coco area for the week we stayed there and well worth the trip out of town to get to it (it's about 5 minutes drive out of town). If you have a car and can get to it, you will not be disappointed eating here.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Johann will talk to you personally if he is there, which he seemed to be every time we passed. Excellent food. Excellent sushi. Good portions, good prices. We will be back