4,809 results
All reviews royal beach club room service zip lining erik garcia swim up bar swiss travel costa rica dinner reservations pizza our honeymoon italian restaurant main pool hot springs all inclusives pura vida make reservations horseback riding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was nice and kept up by hotel staff well through our entire stay. The rooms were very comfortable and dark and let us sleep in as long as we wanted. The grounds were beautiful and full of wildlife. The pool was refreshing and clean and the bartenders were friendly and great to talk to!
The proximity to the Brasilito beach was nice because the beach right outside of the hotel was very Shelley and uncomfortable to walk on. The break is also very close to shore so keep a good eye on your kids. Also unpleasant is the mob of vendors and masseuses waiting for you outside the grounds. They are not that agressive but they arent very good at reading "no" with body language. I recommend going to the next town or Tamarindo is very nice.
The food was average except for two outstanding examples: the French restaurant had fantastic service the night we went ( they were very attentive to my son's allergies.) And the Las Candelas restaurant was one of the best meals we have had. Chef Daria prepared tuna that we caught that day on a fishing trip and it was amazing! She deserves recognition for her art.
Bamboo has a ways to go to achieve what they are looking for, the wait time for cold ramen and dry sushi rice are examples but the mixed fish and vegetable soup was very good. The staff was very interested in improving their process and I believe it may have just been an off night.
The coffee was good and bar Imperial was always fun. I was amazed that I didn't have to miss any sporting events while on vacation. Every staff member was exceedingly courteous and genuinely nice. Lidia from CATours was very easy to work with 10/10 would do it again. Derek who drives the shuttle occasionally was our friends favorite and added to our experience.
Overall we had a great trip and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank William K
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Excellent tropical paradise, wonderful amenities, great rooms and fabulous food. Can't wait to go back ! The pools and the swim up bar were top notch and the beach offered a great option for water sports.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

The Westin Playa Conchal located in the Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica. It is a beautiful resort for relaxing, sipping Pina Coladas under the palm trees or lying on the beach. The resort is massive with lots to see and explore. They have a variety of wildlife that lives in the resort, from monkeys, coati, and iguanas. The pool is amazing; the atmosphere is energetic and lively, and they keep the delicious drinks flowing and keep you fed. The beach has lots of picture-worthy backdrops and the locals that are on the beach are so friendly. They live by the saying “Pura Vida” which means Simple Life.
When you arrive at this property, you can’t help but to stop and breathe it all in. From the moment you check in to when you check out you are treated with the utmost respect from all of the wonderful staff, they will go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and make sure that you are able to relax. The resort is massive and filled with the beautiful lush landscape with natural ponds all over the property; I was standing under the Gazebo looking out at the pond and could see iguanas swimming to get to the other side, the frogs were croaking, and the birds were all chirping. There are lots of trees all over the property that provide a home for all the Howler Monkeys, the monkeys have a deep howl sound that they make, you can watch them jump from tree to tree. The Howler monkeys are much smaller and have large tails. Another animal they had roaming around were Coati, Coati look like a mix of a raccoon with a long monkey tail, often they are eating the mangoes that have fallen from the trees as well as anything else that they can find. The resort itself is so big that they have little shuttle carts that will take you from place to place, you can walk but it is so much easier to catch a ride since you seem them everywhere. Instead of it being one huge hotel, it is divided up into bungalows that have four separate suites. The resort has 10 different restaurants to choose from and a few different bars, the nightly entertainment is wonderful from shows, comedy, and local dancers. It also lovely to walk at night and listen to all the sounds of the wildlife.
The atmosphere around the pool along with the food keeps you relaxed and well fed. The crystal blue water felt cool against my skin as I dipped into it; the warm weather doesn’t seem to feel so bad anymore. They have a rather large swim up bar that serves amazing Pina Colada’s amongst other delicious drinks, my favorite was the Miami Vice with a floater of rum. Sipping on your favorite drink while listening to the music that they have playing, you can’t help but smile. I loved all the Palm trees that surrounded the pool and there were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone to relax on, read a book, or even take a little nap. With all the drinks and lounging you develop quite a hunger, so many places to choose but my favorite was the pizza restaurant right next to the pool; they had the best pizza, the sauce was robust and tasted so fresh. So many different activities were offered for adults and children. Everywhere you looked, people were enjoying time with there loved ones.
The sunsets on the beach are breathtaking. Orange and Pink hues cast across the sky which made the mountains stand out so boldly, it made for some beautiful pictures. Walking on the beach at first hurt a little but soon my feet grew used to it when I looked down that is when I realized that the sand was in fact actually made from crushed seashells. The beach has small trees up and down the coastline that you can lay under to take a break from the intense sun. The ocean itself was warm but still refreshing, I was splashed by a wave and could not get over how salty the water tasted, it was saltier than the water back home. The sounds of the waves crashing, against the shoreline, was so soothing that you didn’t want to move. The beach offers so much to do from jet skiing, snorkeling, boogie boarding or just collecting seashells. The locals will sit and talk with you and make you feel as if you are friends from long ago. They sell different unique little treasures, a lot of stuff had their local saying engraved on it, Pura Vida.
The Westin Playa Conchal I could not recommend enough for a fantastic vacation. I can’t get over how well the resort was taken care of. The landscape is beautiful with all the trees and natural vegetation, the rooms were gorgeous and loved how friendly everyone was. The pool is so well designed with the layout and where the swim up bar is located, that you never once felt crowded. The food that was served was flavorful, and if you aren’t careful the iguanas will come up and still your food. I simply can not get over how wonderful the beach was. It was interesting walking on the beach, but you did adjust after a while. I loved all the shade that you could rest under. Costa Rica is known for the beauty of there beaches, and I definitely enjoyed that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Jacqueline H
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We loved the Westin! The staff (Christina, Alejandra, Javier, too many to name) all made our stay amazing! They knew our name and personalized our experience! We enjoyed the Mangler and Cauri the most for dinner and for lunch Spirula was amazing every time we dined there! The breakfast had different choices every day with the best pineapple! Room service was on point every time as well! We felt like we had the beach to ourselves all week; a great time to visit! We enjoyed 2 private tours with Herson during the week! He personalized our mega tour with a stop to Sunburst coffee after our trip and then another trip to Guantil to see locals make pottery and to the rainforest to see sloths! Thank you for making our first trip to Costa Rica such a wonderful experience!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We visited this resort this week and this was my first time in Costa Rica and we had a blast! I came for my bday along with 8 other ladies and we had a great time. The hotel was nice, the food was just OK to me. We didn't get a chance to try all of the restaurants because all of them was not open at the time. I guess during rainy season it's like that.

Erik Garcia was great! We did zip lining, rainfall/Volcano tour, Horseback riding, and Hot Springs. The hot springs was the highlight of my trip. It was AMAZING! Our tour guide Alex was great! I would definitely book with him again when I return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends