My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights in Dec 2009. We had our own car, and the drive to Mystica was quite scenic around the Arenal lake. If you don't have a car, it would take a bit more effort to get here. We are not into yoga, didn't get massages, but we did have a wonderful time here. The atmosphere is just relaxing and quite welcoming. The room was quite clean and spacious. We enjoyed the quiet time.
We quite enjoyed talking with the owners during our dinners (pretty good italian food!) and liked the fact we were staying at a place that was somewhat off the beaten path. The owners recommended some nice walks for us around the hotel property, and also a super fun hike to see 4 different waterfalls. Very beautiful - "Cataratas Viento Fresco." It was a wonderful surprise because we really wanted to go to Rio Celeste, but because of recent rains it was going to be difficult to get there. Their recommendation to see the waterfalls was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystica Hotel is a tropical paradise with an excellent Italian restaurant, wonderful yoga and meditation classes in a forest sanctuary, a detoxifying infrared sauna, a dipping pool with a waterfall, and tree-top therapies such as massage and Reiki. Mystica is conveniently close to all of the great adventures and water sports that Lake Arenal offers: windsurfing, kayaking and fishing, excursions to Arenal Volcano including canopy tour and hot springs (40 km/25 miles from the hotel) and Tenorio National Park with its world famous Rio Celeste waterfall hike (35 km/22 miles from the hotel). Mystica Hotel is especially designed for travelers who want to relax and/or be in contact with nature. The lodge sits atop a rolling green hill and is surrounded by lush gardens. The rooms don't have TV, WiFi, or phones to support the complete relaxation of our guests, but there is free WiFi in the reception and restaurant area. Mystica's motto, inspiring all who visit, is: 'Live the Magic!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Mystica Lodge & Retreats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystica Restaurant Lodge And Retreats
- Mystica Restaurant Lodge & Retreats Hotel Arenal Volcano National Park