Visited Recreo the last week of June for the beginning of our honeymoon and couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. 1 hour and 30 minutes north of Liberia outside of the small towns of La Cruz and El Jobo is where you will find this gem. We arrived around 10pm the first night after a long day of traveling and were welcomed by Shane (concierge) and a nice snack of fresh fruit and juice prepared by our chef Haiti. We stayed in the bungalow which was spacious and secluded. Shane gave us a tour of Recreo the next morning and after that our stay was filled with plenty of time down at the beach, day trip to Nicaragua, horseback ride around the peninsula, and laying out at our private pool and patio. Shane and the other concierge Ricardo are very helpful and can set you up with pretty much whatever you want. The staff did an excellent job cleaning the bungalow and pool every morning. Haiti, our chef, did an awesome job. Every meal was delicious and fresh. One of the best places I have ever stayed at. Well worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreo Resort, a 63-acre mountain and beach estate near Playa Rajada is just 1 hour and 30 minutes from Liberia airport. Choose from one of our private villas, all with private pools and ocean views. During the holidays,included in the price of the All-Inclusive package are airport transfers, a villa cook and housekeeper, all meals and beverages, concierge and all onsite activities including kayaking, tennis, mountain biking, hiking, snorkeling and a range of beach activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Recreo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Recreo Hotel Province Of Guanacaste
- Recreo Costa Rica/Guanacaste