“Excellent”
Review of Tierra Mia

Tierra Mia
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

The service here is great. Very attentive and polite. Portions are large and prices are very reasonable. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This is definitely an underrated restaurant in La Fortuna. My girlfriend and I kept going back because of the great experience we had (We had 5 meals in our 4 day stay). The food is delicious and the presentation is outstanding.

On our first day we had the Lomo a la Parrilla (Grilled Tenderloin) and Lomito Encebollado (Sautéed Onion Sirloin), both are amazing dinner choices. Ask for some red wine and you got yourself a delightful and very romantic dinner. Even though the steak was great, my favorite was the Pargo Rojo En Papillote, or Red Snapper. It is truly a must have. Again, the presentation is beautiful and the taste is even better. ALSO, ask for the Jugo Nutritivo!! You won’t regret it.

Juan and Tatiana provide great customer service and will make sure you’re taken care of. Thank you chefs/owners Jorge and Jacqueline for this unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I can’t gush enough about what a gem Tierra Mia is! After a 5-day stay in La Fortuna, this restaurant is by far one of the best experiences I had. The owners (Jorge & Jaqueline) and staff treated my boyfriend and I like a family welcoming us into their home. The restaurant itself is a little hidden gem off the main road, complete with soothing music and indoor and patio seating. I’m not ashamed to say we ate at the restaurant almost daily during our stay, going as far as having lunch AND dinner there. The JUGO NUTRITIVO was the perfect treat after a hot and humid day exploring the town, made with fresh cucumber, pineapple and peppermint (I even asked for the recipe before leaving!). There wasn’t a meal on the menu that I didn’t enjoy. Every plate was amazing and flavorful. I wasn’t sure what foods to expect prior to coming to Costa Rica but I’m so glad this spot was my introduction. Their menu has options for everyone -the TROPICAL CHICKEN was a person favorite! Be sure to combine the pineapple and chicken in every bite to get an out of this world experience. I could go on gushing about this place and their staff but I encourage you to visit on your own and experience the deliciousness first hand. If you’re looking for a quaint restaurant that provides the complete Costa Rican experience- delicious foods, great prices, friendly and attentive staff... this is it! Thank you Tierra Mia for making my tummy happy during my stay! I’ll miss you!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals we had in Costa Rica. Friendly staff, good wines. Must do if you’re in La Fortuna.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We ate at several restaurants during our stay in La Fortuna (including the current ‘number 1 rated on Trip Advisor’) and Tierra Mia was by far the stand out BEST! We were served by Tatiana who was one of kindest, friendliest, and most welcoming young ladies I’ve met. She took great care of us and was so patient at our bumbling attempt to speak Spanish. The food was beyond amazing. It was expertly prepared and the presentation was beautiful. I can’t recommend this restaurant enough. You MUST try it. Tierra Mia is rated number 1 in my book ! Thank you again Tatiana for your wonderful service and smile !