9 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$537
PricelineUS$537
Destinia.comUS$553
3,912 results
All reviews wine bar outdoor shower our honeymoon casita deluxe rainforest villa costa rica amor loco arenal volcano sushi golf cart swim up bar turn down service hanging bridges la fortuna rooms are amazing four seasons amazing resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021

This was hands down the best hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. The property is gorgeous. The service is amazing. Our trip started off great as we were greeted by our driver Norman right as we stepped out of the airport. Norman was friendly and full of great information. He even spotted a sloth for us on our drive to the hotel. We enjoyed getting to know him so much that we requested him as our driver for our return trip to the airport. He made the long trip very enjoyable.

Our room was beautiful. The bed is super comfortable. I loved the outdoor shower and the huge deck. We were very lucky with the weather and had amazing views of the volcano each day. I loved relaxing in the hammock listening to the sounds of the rainforest and enjoying the beautiful views.

The staff is truly incredible. We were greeted with delicious Welcome drinks, given information about the resort and a map, and driven to our villa in a golf cart. My husband has problems with his knee and the staff was happy to give us a ride anytime we called to go to a pool or restaurant. The breakfast is fantastic. The best pineapple I have ever had in my life. You get coffee, a fruit plate, a bread basket, and can choose from several delicious options. We had dinner at Asia Luna which was very good and Amor Loco which was incredible. We enjoyed the drinks at the swim up bar at the infinity pool in Nayara Springs. We checked out on Valentine's Day and the hotel was definitely at fuller capacity than when we checked in the previous Thursday but it never felt crowded while we were there.

I could have never left the resort and been perfectly content. Everyone was so friendly and lovely from check in, to waking around or getting rides, to the nightly turn down service. It was truly an amazing stay and we are already planning a trip back in September for my husband's 50th birthday. I can't think of a better place to spend it. Thank you for a truly incredible vacation Nayara!

Date of stay: February 2021
NayaraResorts Management, Owner at Nayara Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear megankinney,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your stay at Nayara Gardens. Undoubtedly, your description will help your fellow travelers, and I'm willing to bet Norman will have many requests! We can't wait to welcome you back for your husband's birthday. Hasta la proximal!

Reviewed 21 February 2021

You are in the middle of rainforest with old school luxury touch.
Everything is taken care of, you have an excellent espresso in the room, enough fresh water in glass packaging, the room is spacious and clean, with furniture and ambience completely integrated into the environment. The best part of the room is the terrace, I could sit there for hours and enjoy watching the forest and listening to the sounds of nature. In addition to excellent pools, there are also thermal ones. The food, especially the breakfast overlooking the Arenal Volcano , is very good.
The staff was helpful and pleasant, I would especially like to single out the driver of the golf car who did his best to help me find and see the sloth when I just mentioned that it was my wish. All in all a resort for every recommendation.
And yes, not to forget the outstanding turn down service and cookies

Dear sandraromic,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our resort. While our guests often differ about their favorite place at the resort, the terrace is always a favorite for the authentic Costa Rica experience. We are so happy to read how pleased you were with your golf cart driver, AKA, sloth spotter. We hope you spotted one, and if not, perhaps it is time to reserve a return trip!

Reviewed 3 February 2021

This place completely exceeded our expectations. The design of the grounds, buildings and rooms are beautiful and timeless. The staff is incredibly warm and attentive, providing the type of old world service you don't encounter often. The food was amazing. If you're a wine lover, our favorite part of our stay was visiting Jose and his staff in the Nostalgia wine bar. Jose is an incredible sommelier and absolute pleasure who made each of our visits special and provided the most interesting and impressive tastings and pairings we've ever had! Couldn't recommend any higher.

Date of stay: February 2021
NayaraResorts Management, Owner at Nayara Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2021

Dear James S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Nayara experience with your fellow travelers. We strive to provide exactly the experience you described, and we are thrilled to read we succeeded. Jose has quite the following, and we will be certain to share your comments with him and the entire Nayara team. We hope to welcome you back soon for more wine tastings and, of course, all Nayara has to offer.

Reviewed 30 January 2021

I recently traveled to Costa Rica with my three teenagers. This trip was meant to be a family vacation, however due to Covid restrictions, my husband could not travel with us. Despite our last minute changes, Nayara Gardens was a wonderful, fun and relaxing (much needed) vacation. The staff was so helpful. They even helped me pull off a birthday celebration for our teenage son. The guided trips we took though the hotel were outstanding. Thank you, Luis for helping with our plans! The safety measures taken by the staff and hotel were impressive. . I felt very safe during our entire visit.
The natural beauty of the area is breathtaking. We saw many types of birds, monkeys and sloths outside our porch! Thank you Nayara Resorts for helping us to have a much needed vacation in one of the most beautiful places I have seen. We will be back!

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank K9446APamye

Dear K9446APamye,

While it was undoubtedly disappointing not to have the full family vacation, we are delighted to read that we could modify your stay to suit your needs. It truly was our pleasure to host your family, and we can't wait to host the full family very soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2021

This resort is stunning! The rooms are amazing. The food is excellent. Splurge for the wine pairing menu. It did not disappoint. The staff at Nostalgia wine bar was amazing. They went of their way to accommodate and please this rather cranky guest one evening. My apologies! For lovers of Rose, you must try the Crios from Argentina.

Date of stay: December 2020
NayaraResorts Management, Owner at Nayara Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear R8469GVdonnab,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay, especially your recommendation for the wine pairings. We wish you a very Happy New Year and sincerely hope we can welcome you back very soon!