2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$161
Expedia.comUS$161
PricelineUS$161
eDreamsUS$161
FindHotelUS$165
HurbUS$184
All reviews la fortuna waterfall outdoor shower frog tour dog rescue walking distance costa rica minute walk boutique hotel main building small hotel bed was very comfortable book excursions breakfast was delicious my favorite part highly recommend this hotel wonderful stay mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved loved loved our stay at Tifakara. It is truly an oasis. The grounds are just spectacular. Saw tons of cool birds. The room is terrific. Love the outdoor shower. The breakfasts are very good. The coffee and iced tea and cookies all day long is quite nice as well. The free frog hunt at night was really well done and fun...saw lots of cool frogs. The pool is also quite beautiful. Both Rosa and Daniella couldn't have been nicer, and more helpful. Great recommendations for restaurants, tours, etc. Our first night we ate dinner at the hotel, and that was not great. A little pricey and just not great. But overall, a wonderful stay at a very reasonable price. Would recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2021
Abie Grynspan, Dueño at Tifakara Birding Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review! we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay! :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great boutique hotel. I stayed for 4 days 3 nights and it was so nice. It's nestled in the rainforest so you hear nature throughout your stay. The waterfall is literally right down the street. I think it took about 8 minutes to walk there. The breakfast is included which you have an option of the classic Costa Rican breakfast which is yummy and filling. The staff is amazing and accommodating. They helped me get food from the Arenal area (I think that was the area) and arrange tours. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience the on-site full frog tour but caught a glimpse towards one at the end. Seemed cool. I definitely recommend staying here. Don't forget the semi-outdoor showers in the bungalows. AMAZING!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It is a wonderful hotel, very nice location. All the green surrounding and nice garden are extremely relaxing. The room was very big and nice. The staff extremely polite and helpful. Its really a great place to stay when visiting La Fortuna.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Tifikara Birding Oasis. We thought the location was fantastic (walking distance to the Arenal waterfall) and an easy drive to downtown. The staff were outstanding and we were impressed with how responsive they were with guests. They organized several tours for us and even arranged appointments for our COVID-19 tests to return home. If you are considering a stay at this location, definitely do it! You will not regret it!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Abie Grynspan, Dueño at Tifakara Birding Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while I was working remotely. I had a great experience and wish I could have enjoyed more of the outdoor experience instead of working! I will certainly be back. Daniela and Rosa and the rest of the team took great care of me and made me feel at home. Note different rooms have very different vibes in case you have preference about view out the window etc.

Trip type: Travelled solo