4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$180
Agoda.comUS$191
TravelocityUS$180
Orbitz.comUS$180
CheapTicketsUS$180
Destinia.comUS$458
3,330 results
All reviews sushi swim up bar hot springs costa rica golf cart thermal pools main restaurant great view of the volcano beautiful grounds zip lining rocking chairs humming birds pura vida welcome drink our honeymoon spring pool junior suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2021

We had a really great experience here. Everyone was polite, courteous, and friendly from the moment we arrived. They are taking precautions for COVID-19: there are hand washing stations all over and they took our temperature when we arrived. All staff are wearing masks at all times and guests are required to wear them in public spaces (except the pool). Dining is open air, which is very nice.

Our room was nice and comfortable. I read other reviews where some people were upset about small bugs and such, and we have seen a few tiny gnats but that's it. You're in the middle of the rainforest, what do you expect? I was actually surprised we didn't see more bugs! Everything has been clean and it looks like it is well taken care of. We had a great view of Arenal Volcano from our room.

They have a couple of options for food, a sushi bar, a bar serving burgers and snacks, and a nicer dining option that serves mostly Italian food. The food is a bit pricey in my opinion, but I expect things to be pricier when you stay at a resort. Everything we had was pretty delicious, the sushi was surprisingly good.

The hot springs pools and cold pool are nice for soaking and relaxing. The place seems pretty family friendly, they have a small playground for kids near the pool.

They are running a limited Spa menu right now, but do offer some services. Massages are also pretty open air as well.

Overall, we can't find anything to complain about and would stay here again. :)

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nimble_Mtn_Bunny
Reviewed 3 February 2021

We LOVED the Termales! We went every evening to relax and unwind from our busy day. Breakfasts each morning were very well prepared. We particularly liked the Costa Rican "tipico" breakfast, but the buffet on Saturday was also very nicely prepared. The rooms were lovely - the hostas in the bathrooms were really cool to see. We spent a lot of time on our porch, enjoying the private garden and the beautiful view of Volcan Arenal.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021

In this hotel we were accommodated on trips around the Arenal volcano. Accommodation is in Bengals, where everyone has a view of the volcano. We didn't enjoy it much because it was still foggy. Accommodation at a high level, swimming pools perfect, the best is in the evening at the pool with drinks. Staff very helpful and kind. Breakfast sufficient. We also had one dinner, which was great. Ribeye steak and casado with beef. Here was a sirloin steak and it was absolutely amazing. I love steaks and I have tried them a lot and I would rate this among the top. We recommend !!!

2  Thank Redwolf-007
Reviewed 4 January 2021

Stayed for several days. Rooms are nice, beds are amazing. The bathroom had a foul smell the last two days. You can most definitely hear your neighbors which was disappointing. Views of volacano were great. Hot springs on site were awesome, but there is only one large-ish pool and the others are quite small. Staff are lovely and friendly and willing to help.
This place needs a food manager or a more effective general manager, as the dining experience was consistently terrible from morning to night. There seems to be no one steering the ship.
Breakfast each day lacked variety and the logistics meant you waited for 10-15 minutes in line for a sub-par, self-serve buffet breakfast (which I highly doubt is safe to do during Covid) to then have a seat at your table to coffee that is no longer hot, having been poured upon arrival. Lots of maskless people (and not all kids) and not a lot of distancing. Got room service once (2 sandwiches, that's all) and it arrived 70 minutes after we ordered. They called to apologize before it arrived because they knew someone had messed up.
We ate dinner in the one restaurant the first night and it was very expensive and not good at all. Be advised that the raviolis have a different cheese than advertised and you will only receive 7 small raviolis sitting in a sauce on a plate. It was pretty comical in retrospect. I was told my meal had vegetables and a salad but I never saw the salad. We ate in town every night after that.
I'll stop there for now. In short, this place has poor management, is overpriced and has crappy food, has on-site and beautiful hot springs, nice staff, comfy beds, smelly bathrooms and paper-thin walled rooms. It was fine for what it was and we made the best of it, like eating in town, but I would not stay again.
My next trip to La Fortuna I will try one of the other places that I decided against before booking Arenal Springs and try my luck elsewhere, even if I have to spend a few more bucks.

Reviewed 2 January 2021

We loved our "duplex" accommodations! They were so private and if we had neighbors, we didn't know it. The check in process was quick, efficient, and the best out of all of the hotels we stayed in C.R. during our 17-day stay there. The hot springs were so wonderful and warm, the hot hot springs tub, even better. the food was great and our server one of the nights was SUPERB! We really had no negatives here.Property and rooms very clean, views were breathtaking, and the proximity to Arenal Volcano and the little town of Fortuna - perfect! The price was perfect - although we went just shy of the busy season.