“Excellent Food and Excellent Prices, the La Fortuna Experience”
Review of Soda Sabor Tico

Soda Sabor Tico
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My grandfather and I visited this Soda on recommendation of our transportation into La Fortuna. We went here for breakfast and got the Tipico breakfast including rice and beans. These were THE BEST rice and beans I've had in my life. We went back 3 more times in 2 days. Great lunch and interesting dinner selection. This place is obviously not a fancy 5 star high end restraunt. So don't go there expecting that. But it is the best food you'll find for a very cheap price!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We came because we saw reviews on how good and inexpensive this place was. I had "fried" chicken and they heated my 2 pieces of chicken in the microwave and it was soggy. The lady is a thief as she will try to add to your total so be careful. Never coming back. I prefer this other place called "soda el rio". Food is a lot better, fresher, and also inexpensive

Reviewed 19 September 2017

For the much cheaper prices, the food is still really good! If you're looking for good food and prices and something less touristy but trustworthy, this is your place.

1  Thank mikeronorato
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I live in a rural Costa Rican town, but I was on vacation in La Fortuna with a friend from the US. I had been craving some typical Gallo Pinto for a few days and I stumbled upon this soda off the main square in La Fortuna. It was everything I could've asked for. Good pinto, good coffee, and a fair price (2800CRC) for the whole plate.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The owner of our VRBO recommended this place and it delivered. It is a tiny soda right off the main square that's open 24/7.
Don't expect fancy seating etc. Instead you get an excellent meal ( rice, beans, salad, choice of protein AND a soda) for roughly $7. It's buffet style so you point at what you want. There are other choices too, easy to figure out as there are pictures on the wall. We ordered a burger and quesadillas, which were also $7 incl a drink.
We came for dinner and it was perfect for a quick filling delicious meal. But since it's open all hours I would recommend trying their breakfast and lunch too.
All the locals eat here !