“Typical Costa Rican soda, buffet style, delicious/fast/cheap!”
Review of Soda Sabor Tico

Soda Sabor Tico
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The owner of our VRBO recommended this place and it delivered. It is a tiny soda right off the main square that's open 24/7.
Don't expect fancy seating etc. Instead you get an excellent meal ( rice, beans, salad, choice of protein AND a soda) for roughly $7. It's buffet style so you point at what you want. There are other choices too, easy to figure out as there are pictures on the wall. We ordered a burger and quesadillas, which were also $7 incl a drink.
We came for dinner and it was perfect for a quick filling delicious meal. But since it's open all hours I would recommend trying their breakfast and lunch too.
All the locals eat here !

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Our family stopped here for a "quick" bite to eat upon arriving to La Fortuna from Manuel Antonio. We wanted to grab just a quick bite to eat while our room was being prepared and stumped upon this place after walking throughout the beautiful town. What a pleasant find this was! What we had already come to learn is there isn't really fast food in Costa Rica as everything is fresh and made to order. My husband and I ordered chicken nachos as did my husbands sister. My mother in law got quesadillas and my father in law got a hamburger that was served with very good potatoes or yucca- we weren't sure but they were delicious. All meals came with a bottle of pop. It was a great deal and a great quicker bite to eat. My father in law commented that he would actually like to return even! Really hit the spot. It seemed to be a local favorite. The staff were friendly and attentive. Much better than the "fast food" we are used to. Well done. We would recommend and return. Can't beat the price, the bargain, the good eats and the local culture!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Have been here twice so far and planning to go back again! My husband and I just got two take out dinners for $8. (4,000 colones). Nice portions and very tasty. I had Breaded Tilapia and my husband had fried chicken, fried plantains (yum), and a light salad with cucumber and tomato. When we were there he first time, my husband had a huge plate of food consisting of rice and beans, slaw, meat (beef) and gravy and plantains. I had a very delicious chicken quesadilla with slaw and plantains, Total-$12-and that included drinks. We will be back and we will recommend!!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped there after our atv guide recommended it and the empanadas were amazing!! Cafeteria style food, and the lady at the front was so sweet! Made us feel right at home.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 19 January 2016

This place was suggested by our AirBnB host.

- Food is made already and kept warm cafeteria style so it was perfect for quick bites.

- Price was $6-7 USD per dish, 1 meat, 3 sides (beans, rice, salad)

- No doors so its literally open 24 hours

We had it 3 times for breakfast, lunch, dinner because we had a very condensed schedule. But each time was a great meal.

Date of visit: January 2016