“Very clean hostel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Very clean hostel”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The people at Arenal Hostel Resort are very helpful and the room was cleaned on a daily basis by a very nice lady.
The only problem that my boyfriend and I faced there was the bad quality of the mattress, which was obviously pretty old and gave us some back pain.
Apart from that, I evaluate the Hostel as very good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

When you arrive in La Fortuna and get off the bus there will be several touts there trying to get you to change accommodations and follow them. Thank them and walk up the street and around the corner, across from the central town park you will find Arenal Hostel Resort.
The entrance is squeezed between two buildings that help seclude the grounds from the main road.
The grounds are kept beautifully and the staff are helpful and plentiful. For 14us/night I was given a three bed dorm room which they kindly left just for me so I did not disturb anyone with my chainsaw snoring, thanks Thomas. The hostel has all amenities. Kitchen, chill out ground space, air con, cable tv, phone, ensuite bath, tour desk and outside the grounds, a bank, convenience store, gift shop, eateries, sodas, more tour operators, the bus station, central park, and a full view of the Arenal Volcano.
If ever back in La Fortuna this is the only place I would stay. Special thanks to Thomas for soliciting me while shopping for post cards, I would never have had the time I did without my stay at Arenal Hostel Resort.

P.S. Hope you enjoyed the Tona, greetings from Toronto (Mike).

Room Tip: They all face the volcano, though I enjoyed the lower level with walk out into green space.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here three nights. Great location, on the main street but set back so it is pretty quiet. Nice staff and courtyard. Rooms are adequate except very thin walls so we heard everything going on next door.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We reallt enjoyed our stay at this Hostel. We are a family of 5 including two kids and a 9 month old baby. The staff is VERY nice and very willing to help out. The setting is very cute and having a fully functionning kitchen was great for our breakfasts. It is centrally located in the middle of the Fortuna town. We had a room with 3 bunk beds and our own bathroom. Everything is clean and the beds comfortable. They are building a small pool with a wet bar, this should be fun! It was a great price too. We like nice stuff but we were very satisfied with the stay at this place. We did spend two days (during the day) at the Springs resort and spa and that was amazing! If you like the Hostel concept, this place is very recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2012

When I got to Fortuna, I walked around and checked out a couple places. Arenal Hostel Resort was where I decided to stay since it was the best option. I stayed there for four nights. I had a private room with a private bath. The room had a TV and AC. The room was cleaned daily. The hostel has a great garden area that I enjoyed relaxing in. The staff was excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure I enjoyed my stay. They spent a long time with me going over all the possible tours and helped me book them at the best price possible. Sonia who works in the reception was particularly helpful. The hostel is located in the center of town so it is close to everything. The hostel is very cute and the staff is very accomidating. I highly recommend staying at Arenal Hostel Resort!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo