“Outstanding!”

US$75.00*
and up
Arenal Volcano to El Castillo Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Arenal is Costa Rica’s leading Bike Tour and Multisport Tour Operator. Located in La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano we offer multi-day bike tours including accommodations and meals. Visit active volcanoes, rainforests, waterfalls, small rural villages and tropical beaches. Multisport Itineraries include biking, white water rafting, rainforest hikes, zip lines, surf lessons and more.Custom designed Adventure Holidays and Active Family Vacations.One-day mountain Bike Tours in Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake.
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of talking for hours with Alejandro, the owner of the Bike Arenal and with one of his employee, so not only I rented a good mountain bike for one day to explore on my own the surroundings and the hot springs, they gave me plenty of information about the site, with tips and answering all my questions. And I was amazed by the love they put into their job: for once I found people truly interested in the customer's satisfaction more than earning money: more than pushing you to buy an expensive tour or anything, they listen to your needs and do their best to meet them.
Totally recommended, they rent bikes, offer tours or just transportation to the site with outstanding customer service!
Gracias por todo Alejandro!

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"great lunch"

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Day 1: La Guardia was a hike a bike after which we biked to the public hot springs and soaked our sore bodies. Beautiful, hard ride right from the hotel
Day 2: Rio Celeste, supported ride, up and up and up through farms and jungle to end at the spectacular waterfall and river. Then a bomber downhill.
Day3: Don't miss the ride to Rio Chiquito on the west side of Lake Arenal. No traffic, spectacular scenery and a beautiful boat ride over the lake to 'finish' off the day.
Good bikes, great people.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I can recommend this tour and bike arenal to everyone who wants to make a biketour in this region. Alejandro and his Staff are very friendly and on the Tour to El Castillo, he explained also a little bit about the Volcano and the surrounding. About the ride: I think it's really possible to do for everyone who is a little bit sporty, so the road is mostly flat (but bumpy). If you're expecting a uphill/downhill-ride, you better go to the shop and to alejandro himself! He will give you the best pura-vida-bike experience in arenal area!

1  Thank 66emanuelc
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Highpoint of my trip!
Alejandro and company are all bike enthusiasts like myself that understand what a real bike tour should be. From high end bikes to exceptional customer service - this is the place to launch an Arenal trip.
I contacted them last minute, they were very accommodating with scheduling and so much fun I went out with them twice (and they sent me pictures/videos of my day before I was back to the hotel!).
Made me feel like I was with my riding friends at home. Great business and even better people.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My teenage son races mountain bikes. We were driving back from the waterfall when my son spotted a couple of their mountain bikes outside the shop. He was excited to see nice rental bikes. A bike tour was not in our plans but after talking to Alajandro we were booked for an all day bike tour for three.
My son was happy with the bikes he saw at first but was elated to see the upgraded bikes. He kept going on about the types of components which I have no idea about.
The bike was also perfectly fitted to my 9 year old daughter.
The weather was not in our favor at all. We biked in torrential down pours for 15 miles. Knowing the support vehicle was behind us make it so much better. I was worried my 9 year old would call it quits after 2 miles but did all 15. We even had a picnic lunch at the half-way point.
When we had biked enough, we jumped into the dry truck and headed back. We opted to change into dry clothes prior to a delicious lunch.
Alajandro was amazing. He answered my questions and planned well to handle my concerns about my young daughter. We can't wait to bring my husband back to bike ride with these guys.

1  Thank sunnysal