“Amazing bikes ”

Two Volcanoes Hike in La Fortuna
US$85.00*
Bike Ride Tour from Arenal Volcano to El Castillo
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Arenal is Costa Rica’s leading Bike Tour and Multisport Tour Operator. Located in La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano we offer multi-day bike tours including accommodations and meals. Visit active volcanoes, rainforests, waterfalls, small rural villages and tropical beaches. Multisport Itineraries include biking, white water rafting, rainforest hikes, zip lines, surf lessons and more.Custom designed Adventure Holidays and Active Family Vacations.One-day mountain Bike Tours in Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake.
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My teenage son races mountain bikes. We were driving back from the waterfall when my son spotted a couple of their mountain bikes outside the shop. He was excited to see nice rental bikes. A bike tour was not in our plans but after talking to Alajandro we were booked for an all day bike tour for three.
My son was happy with the bikes he saw at first but was elated to see the upgraded bikes. He kept going on about the types of components which I have no idea about.
The bike was also perfectly fitted to my 9 year old daughter.
The weather was not in our favor at all. We biked in torrential down pours for 15 miles. Knowing the support vehicle was behind us make it so much better. I was worried my 9 year old would call it quits after 2 miles but did all 15. We even had a picnic lunch at the half-way point.
When we had biked enough, we jumped into the dry truck and headed back. We opted to change into dry clothes prior to a delicious lunch.
Alajandro was amazing. He answered my questions and planned well to handle my concerns about my young daughter. We can't wait to bring my husband back to bike ride with these guys.

1  Thank sunnysal

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I was in Costa Rica in a guided tour group and had booked this day tour through Desafio Adventure Company. I mention that because I don't know how Desafio handles their tours as far as sourcing through third-party companies. As such, I will use this review to describe my experience of the actual trip and not booking/arranging pickup.

I booked this mountain bike trip as a solo person, and there was another group of 5 that were also booked. At the last minute that group canceled and, because I had already paid, Desafio honored my reservations and I was lucky enough to get a solo tour with Bike Arenal.

I was picked up in a car with Alejandro and another guide (can't remember his name!) and from the start they were both extremely friendly and personable. I felt at ease and knew I was in for a great ride. When I got my bike they made sure the height was good and that my helmet fit well. I also got a pair of gloves and a water bottle (to keep). The only thing I forgot to bring were my bike shorts!

Because I was alone, I had more leeway with where to ride and how long to ride for. I started right outside of town and rode to Castillo and then to the Arenal dam and then back to where we started. When the guides gave me the opportunity to do a bit longer ride because I was alone, I jumped at it. In total it was only about 20 miles, but for someone who lives in the city, being on a mountain bike going over some rough roads, it was challenging. However, this is totally dependent on your skill level. I ride my mountain bike and road bike back home in NYC. I ride over bridges and up small hills, but the rough road makes it much harder. Yet, I loved getting a workout and being motivated by both Alejandro and my guide.

During the trip, Alejandro drove along with us in the car and would go ahead or stay back and get some great photos of me. When it was time to stop for our snack, I was blown away by the array of things to eat and how nicely it was laid out in the back of the car.

Not only did I learn things about the area in which I rode around (like why it's called La Fortuna), but both gentleman really put a lot of effort to make sure I had a great time, even if I was one person. They also made sure I was safe, went at my own pace and stopped whenever I needed. I would certainly recommend this company for anyone visiting La Fortuna/Arenal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We love to mountain bike and this was perfect! It was beautiful and such a fun way to see the area and learn about some interesting things. The guide and driver were great! What a treat!
Doable for beginners and intermediate.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did a six day tour starting in Arenal through the Orosi valley to the Caribbean coast. Although the weather wasn't perfect because it was the rainy season my fiancee enjoyed every moment. Our guides Diego and Moises were fantastic in both leading the bike trip and bring extremely knowledgeable about their beautiful country. We also did a day of rafting down the Rio Pacaure which was a once in a lifetime stunning float. In addition to the awesome activities our expectations were exceeded by the food and the accommodations. We will be back to do a trip to the Pacific coast!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic vacation! Our guide Moises was the best...knowledgeable, friendly and fun! Learning about this beautiful country while enjoying the sights and getting a workout all at the same time is my kind of trip. Biking of course was the highlight. Rafting was also fun. The accommodations were mainly good...one was awesome (Tenorio Lodge) and one awful (El Faro Beach Hotel...apparently they hadn't used this before, hopefully won't again). Loved the choices for restaurants.
Transport van was perfect and our driver was super (Papas).
Mucho gracias amigos...pura vida