Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Expedia.comUS$528
eDreamsUS$537
HurbUS$551
All reviews hot tub private deck yoga studio enormous shower free daily laundry service steep mountain immaculate rooms wet bar swim up bar huge glass costa rica our honeymoon no window complete privacy romantic experience rainforest shower incredible stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

My husband and I arrived to Amor Arenal for a three day stay for our honeymoon. We were immediately in awe of the pure beauty of the property, the attention to detail given to everything and the incredible staff. The casitas are just beautiful and luxurious, and were surprised with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon our welcome. Having drinks at the pool bar with the brilliant bartender Fabio was a highlight of our vacation -- we had a blast with other guests and just relaxing/imbibing in the beautiful heated pool with the best drinks! Fabio had my husband come behind the bar to teach him his own Old Fashion recipe.
The free breakfast was absolutely incredible, make a reservation and request outside seating to view Arenal. The only suggestion I would have is to skip dinner at the property, it is pretty expensive and not as good as going into town (a 10 minute 10 collones taxi ride which the concierge will arrange) and going into one of the amazing restaurants there. Book here, you will not regret it! Pura Vida!

1  Thank NikkiCap7
Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Amor Arenal. Beautiful rooms, amazing staff, superb massage a meditation platform with the most stunning view. Lovely food and Fabio makes super drinks and has the best music playing in the heated wet bar. The hotel also takes covid serious which is very reassuring in these times. Thanks again to the team at Amor Arenal. Christian and Ana

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2021

How to start with ? This place is absolutely amazing for nature lovers, surrounded by the forest you can experience the peace, the views, watching animals ( monkeys and birds for myself).
The jacuzzi on the terrace to feel in perfect harmony with yourself and Mother Nature as well as the incredible shower space overlooking the jungle both of them were a real plus.
The room itself is really beautiful and spacious.
Excellent food...I’m French....so it really meant to me.
And the staff is absolutely fantastic from reception to cleaning.
The gardens are beautiful and full of Colibris, the meditation area is really inspiring even though there were mosquitos ( so don’t forget your mosquitos repellent if you intend to stay there).
The restaurant team is one of the best I ever met, really professional and genuinely kind. A special thanks to Enrique ( a super restaurant manager who shares his good energies with you) and Aliusksa ( I will remember our nice conversations) as well as Miguel ( I prefer the Spanish version) happy Ana and Raquel (the concierge who stays at the restaurant and is full of good advices) for making my stay as confortable I really felt like being home.
It will be a fantastic memory.
I cannot recommend enough this place especially by the time being with COVID but the overall experience just allowed me to forget about it.
Thank you to the entire team and I hope I will come back one day.
Maya

Room tip: The Room number 16 has amazing views and I would suggest to book either the rooms located on the top or the ones located at the bottom part.
Reviewed 12 January 2021

We stayed at Amor Arenal for 3 nights in early January and appreciated all the COVID safety precautions they were taking during our time. Compared to other hotels in the La Fortuna/Arenal area, my husband and I would highly suggest Amor Arenal. The staff were incredibly attentive and friendly, the service was excellent, and the rooms/property were stunning.
Rooms/property: We loved that the property only had ~30 rooms as it never felt crowded. While the property is on a hill, a buggy was always prompt/available for us. This property is less hilly than other resorts in the area. The grounds were always well maintained and very lush, with incredible views of Arenal Volcano. All rooms have an outside jacuzzi tub fed from the hot springs, and a great indoor shower that overlooks the rainforest/canyon (rooms 15+ have a great view of the canyon/volcano). The property had 2 cold pools along with a warm pool (at the wet bar). The gym was well equipped and always quiet. They did provide multiple kettlebells and a yoga mat in the room if you preferred in room workouts. While it usually has 2 restaurants, one of the restaurants (a Tapas Bar with live music) was not open at the time of our visit due to COVID. This led us to eat at the main restaurant or the wet bar for our meals – the food was great, so we didn’t mind. We appreciated how they offered excursions through the hotel, we utilized this to book a rafting trip (highly recommend!). One big surprise we learned was that they had 2 trails on property – one was more difficult and the other was easier, and that they offered complimentary guides for these trails. This was such a big perk that we utilized every day. The trails are through the rainforest and the guide we had (Rudy) is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly (we saw owls, parrots, all different birds, etc.).
Service: Exceptional. The bartenders (Oscar, Fabio) are extremely talented and friendly as well as our waiters (Enrique, and Ronald). Raquel/Jaylin/Will at concierge/reception are attentive and great. Rudy is one of the best guides we have had – incredibly knowledgeable and a librarian of Costa Rican nature. House keeping was excellent. Whenever we requested ice or anything to the room, they were extremely prompt. The only issue we ran into was they advertised complimentary laundry service, and unfortunately, due to COVID, they stopped. As we had been in Costa Rica already for 4 days (that included adventure), we were hoping to have our clothing washed. Though they did offer to dry our clothes.
Talking to many of the staff, we were very excited to hear the plans that Amor Arenal has for its future. I truly believe that this new hotel is going to be the next big thing and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 10 January 2021

Wow. This place goes above and beyond expectations. You have your own jacuzzi and view of the amazing Arenal volcano and rainforest. The staff is so friendly and their service is outstanding. You can’t go anywhere without them telling you hello and/or asking if they can help. The swim up bar is so fun and Fabio is a great bartender. The restaurant was perfect too and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend this place and definitely will be going back. This place is perfect if you are looking for a more intimate and romantic experience. We were on our honeymoon so they sent us a sweet note, champagne and strawberries and they also sent us a birthday cake for my husbands birthday. Outstanding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple