“Great location, amazing view, very friendly staff”

Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Located near the Arenal volcano in a middle of the jungle. Rooms are very spacious, beautiful furniture. Each room has access to a terrace with seats and hammocks. Has a path leading into the jungle where you find a little pool. Staff are very friendly and caring. Will arrange tours and transportation. Lots to do around. Food is delicious, vegan/vegetarian not a problem. Initially booked for two nights, stayed four and did not want to leave. Very happy with the stay, would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

First we planned to stay one night, but we were so positve surprised that we booked immediatly another night. The staff is very helpfull. Jonathan extreme fast in reacting on email. I would recommend to take a room in the main building. There you have access to the open space with a great view on "volcano Arenal" (if the sky is clear) There is a fine kitchen where you can prepare your own meals if you like.
You are in the middle of the nature and Will be awaked by birds. I can truly recommedate this place.

Enjoy your stay if you go here!
Kind regards
Jos

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Staying at Princesa de la Luna absolutely made our tri to Costa Rica. The staff here are like a family and will go above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful visit - including booking activities for you, dropping you off to where you need to be and cooking the most amazing meals! I highly recommend staying here. It is easy to book - just send them an email and they will respond quickly and with suggestions for how you might want to spend your time in La Fortuna. Make sure you do the waterfall walk on the first morning, as is suggested, and definitely try to have dinner here at least one night. The food is lovely. (But bring your own wine/beer.) I would also recommend hiring a car as it is otherwise a bit difficult to get around.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The people our so nice there I definitely recommend this place it was a great location and was super clean and tidy. The rooms were nice as well. Definitely the best place we have stayed at in Costa Rica except for the Tico adventure lodge in playa samara

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The only complaint I have is that we checked in way too late our first night, and were not able to stay the full 3 nights we booked, but those things have nothing to do with the staff or management of this place.
When we arrived, well past sunset, I was greeted by Princessa (pictured to the left of my daughter in the pic), who seemed eager to lead me to our accomodattions - gently gripping my wrist with her mouth, leading me in the direction of our Wonderful Host, Wilmur. Even thouvh it was obvious that he was tired, he cheerfully led us to our accomodations, gave us the tour of the common area, made sure he knew what time we would expect desayunas (breakfast), and even prepared a coffee pour-over for us.
Our sleeping quarters was just that, sleeping quarters, with a gorgeous tiled bathroom. And the beds were very cozy.
I'm always the early riser, so in the morning i went to the kitchen (Wow! The kitchen!) yo make coffee and read, and was greeted by Marisa, a sweet and beautiful lady who was so happy to accomodate me and attempt to communicate with me and my limited spanish. She worked on breakfast as i enjoyed cafe and read.
Wilmur was our server for breakfast (freshly chopped and blended pineapple/alasa juice, banana panqueqe, cafe, fresh fruit, huevas and, of course, rice and beans) and was just as gracious as the night before.
Yeah, the waterfall hike, mud bath pool were all great; but what made this place shine, at least in my eyes, was the staff!
I could FEEL Pura Vida here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jonathan D, Owner at Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thanks appreciate your comments