“Just stopped for a quick bite and cold beers”

Restaurante La Caribena
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: The best caribean food in town. La Fortuna, Costa Rica. Best prices, best service.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The 4 of us just wanted a snack to take the hunger pain away before going out to dinner in 3 hours. We ordered 2 fish nuggets with home made tartar sauce. This was enough to last us and it was so delicious. The owner, Steve was very hospitable and gave us all little shooter glasses of cacique, like our bloody Mary's. He loves people, and will make you feel special. We would stop there again.

Pedro L, Propietario at Restaurante La Caribena, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thanks for visiting us. We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

So far after a few days in Costa Rica - BEST coffee ever! Finally!!! Very rich and full of flavor made in from of you as a poor over! Pretty Amazing

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My Girl and I stopped in for a snack and a drink, and it turned out to be one of the best times we had that week. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere. Food was delicious!!!! The homemade tartar sauce made for the best fish and chips I've ever had. Our host made you feel so welcome. Thanks so much. Beau and Leena

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We just wanted to stop in for a cold drink.....very cold imperial. Amazing margaritas. And daiquiris are huge and yummy. We would up staying for a couple rounds and late lunch which was beyond delicious! Shots of Chile guaro all around. Staff is great!!! PURA VIDA!!!
L and b

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This place is a 20minutes walk from downtown Fortuna and serves Caribbean Food which is why we went. Whilst my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his fish, I didn’t like my dinner. Being vegetarian I understand that it is difficult sometimes to find many good options. I was really hoping to try some nice Caribbean food but all they really had was Rice and Beans which were cold and dry. I was also offered a meaty broth to go with my dinner.. I wouldn’t come back but as mentioned before, my boyfriend really liked his dish so I am guessing it is better suited for people who eat meat and fish. The waiter was really friendly too!:)