4 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$200
PricelineUS$200
HurbUS$204
1,188 results
All reviews water slides baldi hot springs natural sauna buffet dinner costa rica la fortuna varying temperatures spring pools warm water lounge chairs arenal volcano pura vida lockers waterslides tour temps paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2021

I’ve been to Baldi Hotsprings on several occasions. I’m a CR resident and live in Tamarindo and frequent la fortuna for a fun weekend getaway every few months.
My boyfriend and girlfriends and I booked 2 rooms for Valentine’s weekend. $300 each room. Mind you we didn’t mind spending this as Baldi has always been known for its exclusivity, high class, customer service, etc. Sadly we arrived and we’re seriously disappointed on this trip. It appears that with the pandemic Baldi had to open their doors to the public and were charging Day Passes at local rates.. like very very cheap. Front desk mentioned 9,000 colones. We encountered every social class under the sun, and for the first time I actually had to eyeball my towels and personal items by the side of the pool in fear that something would be stolen. There were day pass customers swimming in normal clothing items and underwear. We returned to our rooms for the check in. I stayed in 1106 with my boyfriend. We found the ice bucket full of melted ice from previous guests, the king size mattress was sunken-in in the middle and needed to be replaced, bathroom floors were stained around the toilet most likely from urine or vomit. My friends room 1408 and had awful sewage smell coming from bathroom. It’s also important to mention that during check in and check out since front desk is overwhelmed receiving the bus loads of day passers it is common now to wait in long lines to be attended for HOTEL Paying Guests. So much so that they forgot our welcome cocktail and we didn’t even want to go back to even try to claim it as it meant standing in another long line.
My advice for the hotel management: we understand that the pandemic hit you hard. If you have to open doors to locals at seriously discounted rates to survive, I get it... but then either drop my hotel rate as a guest, and find a way to block off the upper pool and spa area to be an EXCLUSIVE ZONE, only available to paying hotel guests. Also get some extra help for the front desk staff. They were overwhelmed.
I will unfortunately not be returning until things are improved.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank N9927HSdanielleh
Reviewed 9 February 2021

My daughter and I were booked for a trip on March 20th, 2020. (BOOKED WAY IN ADVANCE) Covid shut down the world on the 11th and we had to cancel the trip. THE RESORT REFUSED AND STILL REFUSES TO GIVE ME A REFUND or any other compensation . They literally kept all of my money. This was the one trip I was taking with my daughter and never got to go and still had to pay for it. BAD BUSINESS, Terrible to their customers, it says a lot about them...

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank I4210CMcarolm
Reviewed 8 February 2021

My wife and I recently stayed at Baldi for 3 nights on our honeymoon and absolutely loved this place! The thermal pools were all so cool and different, the suite we stayed in was wonderful, and all the staff we interacted with were so kind and helpful. We stayed in one of the junior suites and I absolutely recommend that room and this hotel to anyone staying in the la fortuna area!

Room tip: Definitely recomend the Junior Suite!
Reviewed 6 February 2021

We live in Costa /Rica and travel to La Fortuna for a few days every few weeks now. I have always seen Baldi but my boyfriend didn’t like it when he stayed before. We got a little better pricing right now so he suprised me and said we would spend a night there. The springs are beautiful but the superior room is a dump. We were ground floor 1107 and we could hear the family next to us all night and the view is the parking lot and our vehicle. We found a clump of dark hair in our bath towels and the room is so dated. Breakfast was not very good and I wanted to get to the falls area before other people showed up and there was beer bottles and cigarettes all over the place. Slide didn’t work and the service was awful. Now I know why my boyfriend was reluctant to stay there. What a disappointment. We went to Volcano Lodge and Resort the next day. It was amazing and so nice the rooms and service. We are going back there again to Volcano Lodge. Baldi Blows.....

Room tip: Don’t go to Baldi the rooms are overpriced and not clean.
1  Thank Lushuslaura
Reviewed 25 January 2021

I visited Baldi last week & loved it. The spacing, the scenary, the temperatures all beautiful. They are honoring avidly Covid measures & sanitation & distancing.

I loved my ceviche.

The only thing I would request is more healthy options for the bar menu e.g. I didn't want buffet & only healthy option from menu was Ceviche & asking waiter to make fresh pineapple juice - I don't drink.

Other smaller hot springs offer better options in this area.

2  Thank katrinajuliafit