6 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$200
Booking.comUS$200
HurbUS$204
1,188 results
All reviews water slides baldi hot springs natural sauna buffet dinner costa rica la fortuna varying temperatures spring pools warm water lounge chairs arenal volcano pura vida lockers waterslides tour temps paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

I visited Baldi last week & loved it. The spacing, the scenary, the temperatures all beautiful. They are honoring avidly Covid measures & sanitation & distancing.

I loved my ceviche.

The only thing I would request is more healthy options for the bar menu e.g. I didn't want buffet & only healthy option from menu was Ceviche & asking waiter to make fresh pineapple juice - I don't drink.

Other smaller hot springs offer better options in this area.

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank katrinajuliafit
Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

I’m going to preface by saying we were here during the pandemic and it was quiet with multiple springs, lounge chairs, and bars to hang out. It was absolutely amazing for any type of travel. It would be fantastic for a family or a romantic getaway with your spouse. There are so many different types of pools with varying temperature. We we’ll definitely be back!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

Let me start by saying the hotel itself is quite nice. HOWEVER, the staff has been difficult and quite unpleasant and unhelpful. Every now and then there is a helpful person, BUT, you can tell that they are breaking rules to be helpful and to explain why certain rules and restriction or discrepancies are in place.

They have served the exact same breakfast for 3 days in a row. Today they had a second person serving, however the first 2 days they had only one person serving dishes for the buffet and the line took forever.

We have been here for 3 nights so far. Each person has told us different times for the opening and closing of certain bars and pools on certain days. We have no clue which are truly open and when.

I needed a sharp knife to cut some fruit and the front desk told me they didn’t have any. Sorry. Our friend is a local and was not allowed to even visit us in our room. He was NOT swimming or getting in the springs and he didn’t even come by until 7:30 at night. He was NOT allowed in to even visit though he has been allowed in the past.

The service has been quite disappointing for the price. We stayed at Los Lagos last time we were here and the stay was MUCH BETTER. They were less expensive AND they were 1000 times more helpful. MY THOUGHTS...DO NOT pay the difference to stay at Baldi when you can have a better quality of food and MUCH better service for a better price elsewhere.

Pay for the day pass to sit in a spring at Baldi if you so desire, but DONT pay extra for the crappy service and same meals every day.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank keritgriffin
Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

This hotel has a bunch of pools n a sauna powered by warm volcanic waters. Perfect place to unwind from a busy vacation day. We actually stayed at an air bnb near by, but got to enjoy the hot springs by purchasing a evening pass for around $30. There was also another option for around $50 that included dinner at their buffet. As you go higher the pools get warmer. Pre COVID they had bars in the pools but when we went in December 2020, only bar open was at the front. (Cocktails for around $10)
You are able to ask for towels. Great experience!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank marimore5
Reviewed 8 December 2020

We have stayed at this property three times and each time was a wonderful experience. The problem is the cancellation policy. We had reservations for March 2021. The cancellation policy clearly states that reservations can be cancelled up to 30 days prior to arrival. Exceptions to include peak season (Dec. 16, 2019-Jan. 6, 2021) and during Holy Week (Apr. 3-11, 2021). So, I tried to cancel on Dec. 7, 2020. I was told there would be no refund. We have travel insurance so the cost of our stay will be reimbursed, but the policy, as stated is certainly disingenuous. This has certainly left a bad taste in our mouths and if we return to Costa Rica, we will think long and hard about giving Baldi our business in the future.

Date of stay: March 2020