5 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$219
eDreamsUS$219
HurbUS$224
1,184 results
All reviews water slides baldi hot springs natural sauna buffet dinner costa rica la fortuna varying temperatures spring pools warm water lounge chairs arenal volcano pura vida beautiful grounds zip lining lockers towels waterslides
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2020

We booked a trip in January 2020 for July travel. Then COVID hit in March 2020. Baldi cancellation policy states that you can cancel and receive a refund. We waited until May to see what would happen with Covid. I reached out to Baldi (no answer). I emailed them repeatedly...no answer. Finally, in June, I received word that the reservation was cancelled (obviously, because CR is CLOSED to tourist) and that my refund would be processed. Never happened...I have never received a refund. Many more calls and emails and I was finally told that my refund would be processed in Septermber 2020. September has now come and gone and NO REFUND. NO ONE FROM BALDI HAS REACHED OUT TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

It is clear they do NOT care about their customers! We are out $1300+ (we were booked for a week). When we are allowed to travel again, BALDI RESORT will definitely NOT be on our itinerary.

Room tip: Try a different hotel
Date of stay: July 2020
3  Thank GeorgiaGirl_1000
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Very nice place, my family and me traveled during COVID-19 emergency, the place was clean, people nice and Hot Spring wonderful as always.

The restaurant menu was very limited, but I assume that's because of low season.

Room tip: The last rooms are better, much more nature and no noise from pool bar.
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

I loved the food, of course the springs and people makes you feel welcome. All the place is marvelous and the volcano view is lovely.
You should stay at least two nights, it is definitely good to detox your body.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2020

Hi booked this hotel through their website. We had to cancel our trip due to Covid outbreak. So me and my friends decided to cancel our trip and proceeded with cancelling the reservation. I got an email right away stating my reservation was cancelled and that I will get my refund in tops 1 month. Well, it´s been more than 2 months since then and have gotten nothing back. The manager never answered our emails. And the guy who was told us to claim the money directly with our bank since he didn´t know if they had made the refund in the first place. WHAAT?? They didn´t even care to follow up. I have read other reviews about others going through the same thing with this resort. They dont care about customers.

Date of stay: May 2020
5  Thank 11ceciliat
Reviewed 28 April 2020

For our winter break, my partner and I went to the Baldi hot springs. It was our first full day in Costa Rica and we were hoping to see the Volcano near La Fortuna, but the higher we got uphill, the more rainy and foggy it got, so we decided to go straight to Baldi. It was a great experience, in the sense that it was a perfect balance between natural hot springs and cold rain; we loved it.
If you are looking for a very private and/or quite place, this is not your place, since there are a lot of families and tourists, and it is pretty busy.
You can get a pass that includes food for a little extra and I strongly recommend it; the food buffet is GREAT!!! It was a wonderful introdcution to Costa Rican cuisine.

Date of stay: December 2019