US$111
US$134
US$185
US$134
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$82
US$78
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We took a room with shower. You get what you pay for. It was clean and the hotel has shuttle service to the airport so we stayed one night It is in the central area of Alajuela so traffic flowed until 11:00 pm. It was quiet until 3:00 am and then cars started driving around and beeping their horns The walls are thin so it was difficult to sleep but for the price it was worth it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The hostel people were quick to respond to my email asking about how to get there from the airport. It was just as they said $5 no matter how many people in the group. And they did have 24-hour reception. That was nice.

The room we got was a 4-bed private bathroom. Great price. Clean beds, private bathroom was good to have.

They didn't serve breakfast that morning because the cook took the day off. But breakfast is NOT included. It would have cost about $3. But there was free coffee (Nice). :)

The hostel is located 4 doors down from the bus terminal that takes you into San Jose. It is cheap and they leave every 10 minutes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I really don't get the negative reviews, to be honest. No one is trying to stay multiple nights in Alajuela so it's not super important that this be some fancy, community-living hostel. I've stayed here three separate times and every time the staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms and common areas are incredibly clean, water is hot, sheets are soft, and wifi is abundant. Not sure what else folks want from a place that is probably just a one-night stopover before moving on to one's first stop or heading out to the airport. I highly recommend this place to rest up after just arriving, or get a good night's sleep before an early flight out.

I do want to caution against the airport pickup. Don't let this be the deciding factor in why you choose this spot. Both times I arrived in there were problems with the pickup - first time the driver was so late I was sure they'd forgotten me, and second time no one even showed up at all. Luckily my travel mate had an internationally-capable phone so she called them, and they just told us to take a taxi and they'd reimburse us $5 for it. Good thing I wasn't standing around waiting for the guy with my name on a sign, like they said I should!

Then in regards to airport drop-off, there are only certain times it's available. So, if those times don't sync with your flight time, it's really not beneficial. In my opinion, skip the airport pickup and dropoff and just shell out the 2.000 colones and pay for it yourself to save the headache.

Room Tip: Splurge on the private room, you won't be sorry
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights as part of my Costa Rica travels. Would not describe it at all as a boutique hostel, just average. It has everything you need, rooms and bathrooms clean and in the centre of Alajuela. Showers very good. For a one night stay before going to the airport this place is fine but for anything longer you'll most likely be disappointed. It advertises and a bar and restaurant; the one downstairs was always closed and the rooftop bar opened and closed when it pleased. If you did get there and it was open it had a nice vibe, very small but good cheap food. We went to go there a second night at around seven in the evening but once we got there the guy running the place shooed us away and said they were closed (when we had asked at reception when we firsts arrived we were told it stays open till eleven at night) our meal there the night before was very pleasant. It also advertises a TV room, it is not, just one sofa and a TV in a hallway. Again it advertises free tea and coffee in the morning but we never saw this. Laundry very expensive. Another thing to note which we experienced once you have checked out if you want to hang around in the hostel after midday you have to pay $10 fee, however bag storage was free (free luggage storage being a standard thing in hostels) which we did not understand as we had checked out in time and simply just wanted somewhere to sit and use Wi Fi while waiting for our taxi which booked for the afternoon. We questioned the reception guy on this and he got very angry and rude to us, he even shut a door on me when I was grabbing something from my luggage in storage. In the end we went to cafe and bought a cheap drink and used their Wi Fi until our taxi came. Would like to add here that one of the other reception guys we met was lovely and friendly and even changed us to a four bed dorm instead of ten when he realised it was just the two of us staying for three nights. Again for a one night stay his hostel is fine but would not recommend if you are looking to stay in alajuela longer.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy P
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Lots of pros and cons. I'll start with the later. Multiple bed firms are very tight for luggage space. I would recommend 4 bed dorm which includes a bathroom. There are lock boxes that just fit documents and wallets. Bathrooms do not have soap. A.C. Is only available on request. I think they hope you don't. Pros are free pickup and dropoff. Close distance to bus station and airport. And it is clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo