US$107
US$134
Courtyard
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$185
US$173
US$192
US$134
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$71
US$82
US$77
Airport Gardens(Alajuela)
US$79
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I only stayed one night at Alajuela backpackers to wait for my flight the following day. The 6 person room was okay and included a shower and sink that were both decent. Staying for one night was fine but I wouldn't want to stay here for much longer. As other people have mentioned, there is very little atmosphere here and the hostel doesn't really include the facilities you would want if you are staying for a while.

Their is no breakfast offered which I was a little let down by. However, there are some nearby cafes and a really good bakery around a block away if you are looking for something to eat. The free taxi shuttle to the airport was a big plus and took some of the stress away that you often get with flights.

All in all I would say Alajuela is good if you want a night stay for the airport but nothing more. Another plus is that I met some nice people in the dorm who I ended up travelling with on the same flight to Mexico.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Ridiculous place. Completely overpriced. They charge 19 dollars per night, that's 5 dollars more than most hostels in the area. The place has no vibe, no communal area, no breakfast. Don't let the free shuttle fool you! Go somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sofie B
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I had saved some porridge I wanted to cook (aka add hot water to) before my long travel day. They didn't have a kitchen, but they also could not provide me with a cup of hot water to add to my oatmeal. I found this quite annoying.

But, the beds were fine, and the free airport transfer is a huge plus.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

The best part of this hostel is the small rooftop bar. My bed was awful, bunk bed didn't have a ladder,had to ask for a top sheet for bed, building is very tired. It's cheap but not cheerful in my opinion.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikki4300
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Standard accommodation 5 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle. Sanitary but not especially clean. Dorm rooms feature squeeky as hell bunk beds with a metal child size ladder to get to the top. Not much socializing or sightseeing going on but overall a decent place to crash if you have a flight the next day.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo